Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which valve springs are these?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 03:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Which valve springs are these?

Some of the car is kind of a mystery. It's a 6.0L Iron Block 408, and it has 862 casting heads on it (vender unknown). We haven't had the Z28 too long, and I decided to pull a valve cover to see what is in it. It has dual springs, and they are gold in color. Some of the retainers look a little rough on the edges also (you can kind of tell in the pic), and I don't know what they means...looks like maybe the rockers on some of them are contacting the retainer lip and chewing it up (its not bad, its just a slight roughness).

From what we know, the engine has probably 30k at least on it, and it for sure needs valve springs. I also don't know the specs on the cam, but it sounds very mild. So, I think the best route is to just put the springs it has on it now, back in there (new ones of course). Any input regarding this matter would be much appreciated. Thanks for the help guys.

-Ross

Last edited by RoDan; 09-29-2007 at 04:04 PM.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

come ot think of it, are these rockers stock? I'm not sure what stock rockers look like on these LS motors... I'm pretty sure they are stock though.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

no input? I know somebody has to know what these are... lol