Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!!!

Old 09-29-2007, 09:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!!

Car blowing black smoke smells like it is running very rich. Drove the car earlier today no issues. Took the car wot from stop and car has been flipped out since. Barely will go above 45mph now. Any thoughts?
Old 09-30-2007, 06:57 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmm...electrical issue maybe? check MAF,plugs,plugs wires,check also oxygen sensor it has some issue of blowing black smoke if they broke down.but is there any wierd noise or somthin unujual goin inside the engine like bad shakes nocks or its only black smoke?
Old 09-30-2007, 07:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like the PCM is in limp-home mode. Whip out your scantool and have a peek.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Resolved

So stupid and so simple i'm embarassed for not checking this.

I have the SLP flowpack cold air intake with smooth bezel and SLP lid which makes opening the airbox lid a little bit of a pain and clamps have to be removed. Changed TPS without opening air box. When i checked my second diagnostic with a new MAF in hand i had to open the airbox to replace and i found a giant plastic bag sticking out of my air filter box. It was actually half way sucked through and filter is now bent to all hell.

Apparently this bag was sucked up the SLP ram air sleeve and was blocking my air filter off almost completely. So in the end nothing was broken execpt for my pride and spirits and i can return the replacement MAF.

I'm an idiot.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol that was unxpectable . anyway its good to hear that the issue solved. good luck

Search this Thread