Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head and Cam Package

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head and Cam Package

I'm looking for advice on buying a head and cam package that will get me 450+ rwhp. i daily drive my 2002 Camaro Z28 in the summer and store during winter.

I'd like a fairly rough idle, and drivability problems dont scare me. I dont want a beast though....

I dont know a heck of a lot about head/cam packages and I'd like to find somewhere that i can get everything all together.

I'm on a budget of about $3200 for the head cam package.

Anyone have any links or any pertinant information?

I dont want to do any block machining or piston cutting or nything like that, i'd like basic BOLT ON power.

thanks!
Old 10-07-2007, 02:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd go with one of these. Cam of your choice. http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/cate...MID=1&catid=47
Old 10-07-2007, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah call texas speed and ask them. they are awesome and will give you exactly what you want. if your worried about dd the car then maybe just do a cam swap and do a small shot of nitrous like 100 shot.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=2 Here is a link that sums it up pretty well. What you need depends on how you plan on using the car and where you want your powerband to be. But the basics are there.

That budget looks plenty big enough if you plan on doing all the work yourself, and your HP goal should be pretty easy to meet. I'm sure many of the sponsers here are capable of supplying all the parts you need in one stop. I have found Speed Inc. to be very helpful on the phone, as well as Gunnar at Patriot Performance. Speed Inc. sells Patriot heads at a great price and will be able to get all the other parts you need.

Is your car an A4 or M6? If you have an auto you have to be careful with your cam choice unless you plan on getting a stall to go with it. Tuning is going to be more of an issue with an auto when you start getting into cams that idle rough also. Keep this in mind when you're looking at parts, because your budget can become too small in an instant once you factor in some of the supporting mods that will be necessary to utilize all that extra power. You have plenty of money to get ALL the parts you will need for your motor and tune, but depending on what parts you decide to use you may need some of that money for other things.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Black35SE
I'm looking for advice on buying a head and cam package that will get me 450+ rwhp. i daily drive my 2002 Camaro Z28 in the summer and store during winter.

I'd like a fairly rough idle, and drivability problems dont scare me. I dont want a beast though....

I dont know a heck of a lot about head/cam packages and I'd like to find somewhere that i can get everything all together.

I'm on a budget of about $3200 for the head cam package.

Anyone have any links or any pertinant information?

I dont want to do any block machining or piston cutting or nything like that, i'd like basic BOLT ON power.

thanks!
I have done this many times; our heads and cam packages will put down 450HP or more with a fairly moderate cam. Give me a call I would be happy to go over some options with you.

Thanks,
Harold
Port Pros LLC
512-257-0222