Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this set-up a good setup? What brands?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 05:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this set-up a good setup? What brands?

heres the setup that im thinking about getting.. please tell me what is a waste of time, and what is a good product.
Im gonna get the suncoast ws6 hood and airbox, it creates a sealed box with the hood and air filter, it is the only one that i have seen so far. this would be the true ram air effect
im gonna do the 90/90 fast intake, which is the 90mm and 90mm tb and intake manifold

i have the slp lm1 exhaust
get the slp catalytic converters
headers but i dont know what kind. i have someone on here with pacesetters for 250.
electronic cutouts to finish the exhaust

possibly change the thermostat
slp underdrive pulley
slp double roller timing chain
possibly the slp high flow mass airflow sensor

I also want to look into a new cam, but i cant choose what kind to get, and if i get a cam i might as well get new heads while im doing it, but again i dont know the right package. Im looking for good parts, but also not alot of money.

when i am all said and done, Probably before the heads/cam i am going to get a tune done to it.. But i need to know a good local place is. and then when i get the money for the head and cams i will do another tune to it.

Ohhhh and i MIGHTTT juice the car. Ive been looking at the NOS gm efi wet package. but i dont want to do that until i get the car built stronger.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok you need to do a lot of reading first. i can already tell you havent read any of the stickes.

first you need to list your goals, budget, if its an a4 or m6 and if its a dd.

1) all your bolt ons (headers, exhaust, lid, smooth bellows, intake, and tb and if your an a4 then a stall) and you dont really need a 90/90 combo b/c they only produce like 15 more hp than the ls6 and the ls6 is so much cheaper.

2) when you do your cam swap, then do ur pulley, timing chain, and oil pump.

3) you shouldnt dyno b4 you do ur cam/heads.... do it after.

4) with nitrous you dont need a built motor when running 150 or smaller

5) look into suspension, rear end and trans also if your doing h/c b/c they will not last long with a lot of beating