Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 to LS6 plz of any info

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 to LS6 plz of any info

I have an ls1 98 trans am. I had way to many miles on it and threw a rod. Im lookin to replace the entire motor to an ls6 for obvious reasons about power. The thing i need help with is will it bolt in and hook directlt up? Is there any thing i can use from my ls1 that will bolt on to the assembly of the ls6? The ls6 im gettin is block/heads assembled. im not sure about cam accesories. Will i need a new water pump, or ne thing please post need any info possible
Old 10-12-2007, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everything will bolt up, no differences.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 98TAbodnar89
I have an ls1 98 trans am. I had way to many miles on it and threw a rod. Im lookin to replace the entire motor to an ls6 for obvious reasons about power. The thing i need help with is will it bolt in and hook directlt up? Is there any thing i can use from my ls1 that will bolt on to the assembly of the ls6? The ls6 im gettin is block/heads assembled. im not sure about cam accesories. Will i need a new water pump, or ne thing please post need any info possible
The LS6 is pretty much externally identical to the LS1. All the same ports, wiring harnesses, mounts, ect. Waterpump is the same. Everything should bolt right up. Only thing you will need to change is your tune, since it will be a totally different engine internally.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:41 PM
Banned

any suggestions of a tune?

im doing my ls6 cam/ head swap;

along with ls6 oil pump
new timing chain
bolts, rods

what do i need to do for the tune?

i have a predator and figured on raising the injector slope and Power Enrichment up 20-25%, along with rasing the shift points a rev limiter.

anything else i need to be aware of??? i know i need to get a realtune, but i need something to get me by untill next payday,