Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine ticking help

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 01:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine ticking help

My friends 99 Z28 has started to tick it's coming from the pass. side. We were thinking lifter but unsure it has no loss in power. Maybe some other part of the valvetrain the ticking gets louder with more rpms. Anyone got any idea's on what could be wrong?
Old 06-10-2003, 03:56 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Engine ticking help

Make sure the engine has enough oil in it. It could be the lifter or a bent pushrod if he has ever over-reved it.
Old 06-10-2003, 04:50 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I had the EXACT same noise last week with my car. I thought it was a lifter so I replaced all of them with Comp R's. Then yesterday, I heard the noise for a few minutes again!!! I was sooo pissed. I know its not a bent p-rod or valve because I haven't had it over-revved since I have had the new H/C setup. It has plenty of oil. I'm in the same boat as your friend, I'm thinkin maybe the stock oil pump isn't feeding the lifters enough oil. Even though oil pressure is 40 psi at the absolute lowest. Maybe this is your friend's problem too. Is his car Modded??

Matt
Old 06-10-2003, 11:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is his car Modded??

Yes but the only mods he has are all the free mods, gutted cats,, ported maf, lid, and Corsa