Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help the car wont start

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 12:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Please help the car wont start

It will turn over but it will never last for over 2 seconds. It started yesterday and then it cranked fine. I figured on bad gas so I drove out the gas then put in 5 gal. of new gas.

It would start and crank as usual later on last night but today it will not crank just turn over then die. I checked all the fuses and the fluids and all seems fine.

Anyone?
Old 06-13-2003, 12:34 PM
Launching!

Default Re: Please help the car wont start

Start at the fuse block, verify fuel pressure at the rail, verify spark.. look for obvious disconnected wires...

Hard to say man with so little to go on. start simple, see what you find, try to givec a little more info
Old 06-13-2003, 01:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Please help Car wont stay running
It will turn over but it will never last for over 2 seconds. It started yesterday and then it cranked fine. I figured on bad gas so I drove out the gas then put in 5 gal. of new gas.

It would start and crank as usual later on last night but today it will not crank just turn over then die. I checked all the fuses and the fluids and all seems fine.

Anyone?

TR227 Cam Pkg., EGR!, AIR!, LS1EDIT, Short Stick, Hooker LTs, 3"exhaust w/ 3"electric cutout, FRTA, Lid, CAGS!,Spec Stage 3 Clutch, 01 Slave, Z06 intake, RAII Hood with Air Dam, 160 Stat, and biggest mod of all... PRACTICE.

That expensive Nitrous kit but not yet installed.
C.A.N.I.
Constant And Neverending Improvement.

2000 SS M6
SSDungeoN

Report this post to a moderator (36077) | IP: Logged

06-13-2003 01:05 PM

StrongWS6
College Student

(Post #2)

Maybe the fuel pump going out???

06-13-2003 01:08 PM

SSScott
Fast Old Guy..

(Post #3)

I agree..... test the fuel pressure.... if less than 41 lbs change the fuel filter....if that doesn't help you are looking at fuel pump or pressure regulator.

06-13-2003 01:20 PM

ssdungeon
SSDungeon = Weapon X

(Post #4)

I will get another if thats the case but how do I tell before doing so?
I am far from a tech so forgive my silly questions and please bear with me.
Could it still be the fuel pump even if enough gas gets to it to run for two seconds?
Moneys tight right now after a set of nittos... and now the darn thing wont get me down the street...

Any writeups on how to trouble shoot the fuel pump? Could I just get an inline pump and do the trap door mod and be better off?

I will need to order today if possible so any links or suggestions would really be appreciated.
Oh yeah and I dont know if this will help diagnose anything but I am the guy that had the rear o2s plugged in for months and finally got the fronts plugged in. Since then the car runs great but it smells like exhaust or gas inside the car. I have autotap and edit but I am not too good with the autotap. My logs always show 0 as if the o2s are not reading anything I have 6 of them and I swap them and the same thing...

Thanks,

Last edited by ssdungeon on 06-13-2003 at 01:23 PM

06-13-2003 01:21 PM

ssdungeon
SSDungeon = Weapon X

(Post #5)

OK please help is there any write up on checking or changing... I finally got it cranked and I am about to run the gas out and replace the fuel filter if possible. I am hooking up autotap now so could someone please tell me what to log. I am clueless with autotap but because of current affairs I have not been able to really sit down with it.

Thanks,
If you could post exactly what I need to log it would really help.

06-13-2003 02:28 PM

ssdungeon
SSDungeon = Weapon X

(Post #6)

There is a very small hose that is not attatched how or why I have no idea. The hose is by the fuel rail on the driver side and it is attatched to a clip of some sort with a blue top harness. On the harness there are two hoses one goes behind the intake to the other side and into the firewall. The other is hanging I dont see where it could even reach to attatch to anything. It has an 90 degree bend on the end of the hose. (I have the z06 intake installed and its been done many many months ago I also have !AIR and !EGR mods)

There are two more hoses like this just off the intake on the passenger side near the back that go into the firewall also.
Thanks in advance,

Old 06-13-2003, 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Also I just noticed that my speedo does not work anymore.