Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PRC Valve Stem Seal

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PRC Valve Stem Seal

What color should the valve stem seals be? The seals that came with the PRC Dual Valvesprings are blue and I installed them 9,000 miles ago. All of the exhaust valve seals are shot and several of the intake valve seals are loose. I used the seals from Thunder Racing during the cam install and had no issues with them. I upgraded the springs to PRC Duals and the seals had to be replaced after 9k miles. I replaced them with the seals from Thunder Racing. The car has been consuming a lot more oil and no wonder. Plus, 6 of 8 plugs were ashed and replaced the plugs. Anyone else have any issues with the PRC's?
Old 11-02-2007, 09:57 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We only use the brown viton seals. We have found that they work the best.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:29 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have been using them for a while now without any issues at all. They too are a Viton seals. Did you use a seal install tool when installing them? Tons of guys use sockets to install them & that's the best way to destroy a perfectly good seal.

Did you seal up the intake rocker bolts when you did the install? If not, there could be oil seeping down the threads and into the intake runner and might not be a seal issue at all.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, I do not have seal install tool and did use a socket. I used a 13mm and worked well in the past. I will keep that in mind for the future and may need get one. The blue seals that come with the PRC's, what kind of seals are those?

Quick Reply: PRC Valve Stem Seal