Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Compression check questions inside! Low on power?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Compression check questions inside! Low on power?

OK so I felt like the car hasn't been running as good. So shortly after that I dynoed the car. Given its a differnet dyno different day and slightly different air. All #'s were SAE corrected. Dyno when purchased 445rwhp, dynoed at Harris speedworks after 4.10s, SLP loudmouth, Vararam B2. Dynoed 455rwhp and most people agreed the dyno was approx 8-10rwhp high. So also similar is #'s of approx 445rwhp. So I take it to another dyno after I felt like it slowed down. Took it up and dynoed 431rwhp. I had the fast 90intake ported, ported LS2 TB, and ported and polished stock MAF and retune for larger injectors (38lbs from 26lbs injectors). When removing the intake for porting we noted that the 2nd cylinder back on both heads the runners were very dark burnt oil residue on those 2 cylinders and oil residue on all cylinders. This would make me think its coming down from the intake area. So we replace the intake gaskets with LS2 intake gaskets. I run the car at the track and it doesnt run bad but still doesnt quite seem as powerful as before. Like its down just as it said about 15-20rwhp.
So tonite I did a compression check.
#1cyl DS-205--this cylinder the spark plug looks wet almost shiney
#2cyl DS-190
#3cyl DS-185--this cylinder the spark plug looked slightly wet/shiney and some oil residue
#4cyl DS-190

#5cyl PS-190
#6cyl PS-185
#7cyl PS-190
#8cyl PS-195

So looking for advise. What should I check next to look for some lost power. The car does smoke in the upper RPM's and leaves out smoke on deceleration after getting on it. Car does burn the usual oil. The plugs usually dont look really bad or anything excessive.

Thinking I should pull valve covers and check all pushrods and reseal the roller rocker studs with blue loctite? when apart????? Give me a idea of where to go folks. I'm puzzled.

Bruce

4.10's, textralia, TSP/PRC,Fast 90/90LS2TB,M3 cam, Kooks LT's, SLP POYourneigbor edition catback, Chrome Z06/Weld draglites all around See my taillights in front of YOU!
http://www.reidonly.net/banners/banner-fartpipe.jpg