Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would work best?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 09:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would work best?

I run a 98 LS1 in my rock buggy. I recently spun 2 bearings due to oil pressure loss (buggy was on it's side). I needed to get the motor repaired quickly and did so in about 5 days. I had never had a gen3 motor apart and was a little worried about the task. I have been a Mercedes tech for the last 17 years and just never really messed with much else. I replaced the crankshaft and the two rods that spun. I then took my buggy out the next weekend and the motor did fine. I now want to build it a little more than mildly but not to crazy, it still has to be reliable enough to run for long periods without overheating or issues of fatigue. I've been looking at stroker kits, but not sure what I need. I would like to leave the heads stock for now, other than a valve spring upgrade. A cam that would make good low end torque more so than top end power. What fuel system upgrades would I need? How big of a stroker? I keep seeing ads for "race parts" on Ebay with what seem like cheap prices...are they worth a damn? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Teching In

To give an idea of my motor needs here's a video of mine coming apart. I have an oil accumulator coming for it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8nVWVgGWaU
Old 11-30-2007, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i wouldnt think that you need a stroker for what you are doing, what you need is a low stall and a nice cam with a lot of low end torque, torque is your friend in rock climbing. Talk to patrick g on here, he does custon grind cams.