Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to do cam, what to expect?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vrbas
Haha, you seem to be a bit indecisive about your selection. You don't want to be fickle when it comes to something as valuable as your valvetrain. Make DARN well sure that you know this is what you want, 100% before you go through with it. I remember when i was in your EXACT position, flipping back and forth between cams ready to press that "Checkout Now" button. But i ended up backing off and researching for several more months before i pulled the trigger... be careful.

Do you have a time window as to when and only when you can work on your car? If not, i would suggest taking two steps back and do a bit more research to make SURE this is what you want.

If you do have a time frame, give TSP or Patriot a call real quick and tell them everything you told us and they will point you in the right direction. Best of luck to you man.

i did think about it, i already bought the 110lsa fm13. it seems like it will produce good numbers, but still have very good driveability and easier to tune. i do not want a peaky turd, and thats what ive read about the HUGE cams. i also do not want any part of PTV clearance issues. i want to be able to pick a great set of heads down the road and roll with it, and not worry about clearance. i think it will make a great street car cam. i dont track my car, and really have no plans to. hell, i usually dont even dyno my cars... just street tuning.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:15 PM
TECH Resident

Glad to hear hear you didn't fall victim to the donkey dick, cam syndrome. Small - mid sized is where it's at

Don't get me wrong, i have nothing against large cams (straight up sound sick)... just those that think they are always going to outperform smaller/mid-sized ones.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Vrbas
Glad to hear hear you didn't fall victim to the donkey dick, cam syndrome. Small - mid sized is where it's at

Don't get me wrong, i have nothing against large cams (straight up sound sick)... just those that think they are always going to outperform smaller/mid-sized ones.
i read that lots of people are going hi-mid 11's in fbody's... so i am hoping for at least mid-low 11's with 420rwhp or so... i dont think its out of the question.

the only question is what it will run, cause i wont go to the track lol

i might do a baseline dyno this weekend, just to see where its at before the mods.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:07 PM
TECH Resident

What are the specs for your cam again?
Old 12-13-2007, 07:59 PM
On The Tree

230"/232" .595"/.585" 110lsa
Old 12-14-2007, 02:52 AM
TECH Resident

Sounds very similar to the cam i've got (228/232 @ ~.600 on 112). I haven't done the swap but the project will begin this weekend and by monday it will be done, so i'll let you know what i make of it. I was quoted in this range for solid low end with still some pull up top. So from what i've been recommended, this is one of the best mid-sized cam grinds available.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:43 AM
On The Tree

i cant wait for mine to be installed, the weekend after christmas is when it goes in... then i just need to borrow a working laptop and tune it, and im good to go for at least this season... maybe next year around christmas, ill decide whether or not ill do heads, or maybe just continue saving for a forged 383(rebuild my LS6) and go with a low compression boost engine, then a TT kit or an F1r procharger. just gotta make my mind up. i think this would be a decent boost cam too, but im not sure.