Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help choose cam plz

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 12:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ski23
Jay I saw that package deal you got. good find. I was gonna buy up the 2nd one but dont want to pull the heads.

It came directly from Texas Speed. I couldn't pass up that deal.
Old 12-25-2007, 03:23 PM
Teching In

I went with the T-Rex and couldnt be happier, it sounds really mean. It is also still pretty streetable too, I made 420hp cam only.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I dont want to spin the **** out of her, but dont want to go with a small/medium cam and wish I went bigger. My uncle went with a medium cam in the .580 lift range and wished he went bigger in his car with same mods
I DEFINITELY want a nasty lope. I believe the 4.10`s in the rear will make up for any power missing down low correct? Can I go over .600 lift and be "safe" as far as motor without blowing it in 5k miles? Thanks for all the help as im a CAM NOOB.
Lift doesn't play quite the role your thinking it does. Lift over .600 is fine its when it starts getting over .650 is when its on the high side of the spectrum. And high lift is not going to blow your motor. Duration is way more important than lift and if you don't want to rev the **** out of it so to speak don't even think about the Magicstick. That's a rev the **** out of it cam. I think you should stay kinda small with this being you first cam and all.
T3 on stock heads and stock bottom end? what springs did you go with and what are you revving to?
Originally Posted by Hilton
I've got Patriot dual gold springs. My redline is set at 6400, I shift at 6200
Why so conservitive? That's a waste to have a setup like that and undershift it.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:31 AM
Staging Lane

definately need to look at your goals with the car and what you want to do with it
Old 12-26-2007, 04:14 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by hvyhttter
definately need to look at your goals with the car and what you want to do with it
HA, you know how that is. Well for now the goal is hitting mid-high 11`s at the strip and we all know that will change the summer after when the mod bug bites again.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:02 AM
Staging Lane

a couple things, when you say full bolt ons what do you exactly have. The trex is going to require at least a 5k dump at the line with a stick, also your shift points are going to be around 6800. So I would be hesitant with a high mileage engine. Next you got to look at suspension and see if its going to work with what your going to need to do. next plan on a 9 inch or 12 bolt.

If you want to set long term goals the trex is great, but with heavy cars and a improper suspension/gearing setup it is going to equal an unhappy person.

I personally had a trex and loved it but the car was a track car and was setup for it. I see to many big dyno numbers and poor track times.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:45 AM
TECH Resident

my cam in sig was based off of the tsp 233/239 but more suited for my goals. im extremly pleased with the cam and dont have to rev the **** out of it to make power