Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Need Help!!..

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alright...the whole idea here is that it did run well at one point, so we should all get pabst on the cam is off idea..the tune was good so it is good, thats how i see it. you have good on springs and pushrods...the idea that your exhaust sounds odd is interesting...any exhaust leak around the header would cause some of the symptoms, more than likely not to that degree...check around your pcv for vacuum leaks..like you said, some vacuum leaks may not throw the code. i will talk to someone and see if they would know what would cause something like that...they know their ****.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:28 AM

oh and the entorouge of how slow A4s are, even stalled ones....get real.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:45 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bowe1632
alright...the whole idea here is that it did run well at one point, so we should all get pabst on the cam is off idea..the tune was good so it is good, thats how i see it. you have good on springs and pushrods...the idea that your exhaust sounds odd is interesting...any exhaust leak around the header would cause some of the symptoms, more than likely not to that degree...check around your pcv for vacuum leaks..like you said, some vacuum leaks may not throw the code. i will talk to someone and see if they would know what would cause something like that...they know their ****.
Thank You! I've been trying to get this across. The cam didnt change its location, nor did the tune change. Nor did I imagine a power difference. I was pulling sprayed mustangs and now I would be lucky to tame one on motor! I just dont see how anything seriously wrong would let me pull to 6000+ numerous times and not come apart. Im going to try and do a leakdown test as soon as I can just for good measure. I dont really want to start pulling this motor apart again.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:09 PM

u think you could get vid of how the exhaust sounds somehow?
Old 01-08-2008, 11:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bowe1632
u think you could get vid of how the exhaust sounds somehow?
You wouldnt hear anything. Its one of those things. I just know how it used to sound, and now it doesnt. Its not that it would sound crazy to anyone else really. Come on guys...someone must have some other ideas?..No?..
Old 01-09-2008, 01:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When the car was tuned I assume some codes were changed to not report or report as passed. Something I have had to do was turn these codes on and kind of weed through them to see which may set to quick or to often and it has pointed me in the right direction. This can be tricky to filter normal after modification from what is possibly wrong
Old 01-09-2008, 03:55 PM
TECH Addict

Thats an interesting thought, but the only things that really have been deleted are the rear O2s and I have the EGR/AirPump system shut down. I should still get lights for all other majoy systems shouldnt I?... Does anyone think this could be tranny?...
Old 01-11-2008, 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

Default Got It!

For anyone who was following along and wants to know. I found the problem. One of my coil connections was faulty. I just happened to notice after I pulled my "new" TR55s that one of them was shiny new...had never fired off! I checked all the injectors and coils. One of the coil connectors had slid on but bent one of the four prongs on the coil side of the connection. I guess I didnt get any codes since so many things were deleted in my tune probably. Runs better now obviously. I will revisit the Dyno and post results. Thanks for the help!
Old 01-11-2008, 02:17 PM
TECH Regular

glad you figured it out man
Old 01-11-2008, 02:27 PM
TECH Resident

Awsome dude. Glad you got it fixed.