Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help needed: low/no oil pressure

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 12:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn man it sucks to hear you had that much trouble. Mark that gas station of the list lol. I'm not trying to pick a fight here but when one of these engines won't start and runs like "It's on 2 cylinders" thats a LOT of rotating mass clanking around and beating itself up inside. I would bet most of the damage is due to rushing the situation (everyones guilty of it at times). A pushrod V8 isn't designed to run when things are that out of balance. Add the use of starting fluid and...

Anyway, good luck on finding a new engine and I hope you don't run into any more problems. We'll make you a believer yet.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

No fighting, I'm just here to hear various opinions and guesses at the problems I had. The piston/rotary comments are all in good fun...on rx7club you can't have such comments without starting a war.

Anyway...what would, in your opinion, have been the "proper" method for starting the truck? Here you have a vehicle that has run like brand new since you got it, and one day it doesnt start. You determine you are getting spark, and you know compression is fine since it ran when you parked it last night.

At this point, I did not know/guess that I had bad gas. I just knew the truck wasnt starting. So I got in and gave it some throttle.

So...you would not have done that? Tell me what you would have done, right there, not knowing/thinking that you had bad gas as of yet (I made that educated guess after the 2nd day).

You might get out and check some sensors, such as maf, tps, water thermosensor, etc...which I did. You might check spark and even replace the plugs, and I had good spark.

You'd probably check fuel pressure to see that you were getting fuel flow, and check that each injector was plugged in and pulsing. I was getting fuel, and my injectors were fine.

So then you would have....what?
Old 07-13-2008, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RotaryResurrection
alright now, I'm about to get really pissed.

I put it all back together and let the engine run until it warmed up, and then probably about 20 minutes more while I cleaned up my tools and such. Then I went for a drive up the road, keeping it out of overdrive so the rpms stayed between 2000-3000 to help pressurize the lifters.

With the oil warmed up I am once again seeing VERY low pressure. At idle I see 10psi steady and from idle until about 3krpm (I havent went any higher) I see steady 20psi.

I guess I'm about to order a f*&^ing oil pump and prepare to do the same job all f*&^ing over again.

Bringing up an old thread!! Did you ever fix your problem?

Quick Reply: help needed: low/no oil pressure