Sponsored by:

Porting with Carb Cleaner!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 03:11 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Porting with Carb Cleaner!

Well I just pulled the intake manifold off to do the LS6 PCV mod, and noticed a ton of oil sludge build-up in the intake ports for #1 and #2 cylinders . . . it's almost like it needs a port job just to take out the sludge! I'm removing it with carb cleaner and compressed air, but what a mess! And only 15,000 miles on the car! Seriously, there is enough in there to affect performance. I recomend this mod as a "must" for anyone with an LS1.
Old 07-06-2003, 03:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Porting with Carb Cleaner!

LOL That is funny bro....these thing's do consume so much oil it's not even funny though...hopefully the LS6 cover will help you out Good luck,

Carter
Old 07-07-2003, 09:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...if the intake ports are clogged with gooo, the oil is being sucked into the motor through the PVC system....

...you probably have LT headers which contributes to this problem,,, my intake ports were prestine until I installed headers...

buy an install an LS6 valley cover and catch can... ...or remove your headers,,,
Old 07-07-2003, 10:30 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup, liquid oil has obviously been sucked right into the PCV system; I think it's because I like to corner hard and drive a twisty road to work everyday. Since I started taking a different route to work, oil consumption has been much lower. BTW, I don't even have headers yet! I just got done installing an LS6 valley cover (and a bunch of other stuff including a cam) so we'll see what happens.