Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 forge rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LS1 forge rebuild

I'm ready to build the LS1 and make it stronger. The motor has 56xxx on it. I think I may have a rod knock yet the car pulls strong. The feeling I get from the car (can't really hear it) is when I come to a stop. The car will feel a little shaky. It is very light and does it for only a second or so. It's not a misfire. I only get a SES light showing P0440, which is my gas cap not releasing pressure.

So I really don't know if it is rod knock or a bearing. It's not noticeable from outside the car. I did miss 2nd gear on a 150shot with no window switch. According to the hp tuners it made it to 6400rpm.

Well I want to forge the motor. What I am geared towards are:

Eagle crank
Eagle rods
WiseCo pistons

while I'm in there I'll probably change the oil pump as well. A friend recommended I bore for a 3.905 to clean the cylinder walls. What other parts should I get? I really don't know I have a cheater cam now and I'll stick with it for a while but I want to go with better heads. with some more flow. I also want to make more power all motor.

All suggestions & help is appreciated
Old 02-10-2008, 10:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

I believe TSP and Speedinc as well as other's have affordable shortblocks that are forged
Old 02-11-2008, 12:58 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LME or find a good local machine shop. LME builds quality units. Next best would be to use someone local in case you have any problems.