Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil EVERYWHERE. Need a li'l help please :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 11:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Oil EVERYWHERE. Need a li'l help please :)

"the dragon" this is the guy that beat ttp out of a set of heads and cam . . .
Thanks for the reply! Even though that is absolutely false. The only reason I'm even responding to your flame is because I'm irate over that ridiculous accusation.

Although LS1 is a mild amusement loooooooaded with amusing people, LS1Tech is a true TECHNICAL site which I respect greatly (therefore I would not like to take up any more band width over this flame).

If you would like, I'll forward you the e-mail(s) that I have in my inbox with E (LS1 Administrator).

All the necessary information is in them and you are free to post it publicly wherever you like if you so desire (or feel the need to do so).

Again . . . thanks for the helpful reply
so if your so innocent then why are you not on ls1.com because they have found you to be a crook and why is it i found you to be selling a ls1 asa cam after ttp sent you one that you did not get "ya ok" dont worry everyone will know the person you are o and i already have all the emails from elmer dont need to see your edited version

Old 07-20-2003, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just thought I'd post and agree with the notion that it's your rings.

If your rings are busted, you'd get excessive crankcase pressure. This means when you pull the oil filler cap with the car running, you'd have smoke coming out. This also means you'd be pushing tons of pressure out your PCV which would take a LOT of oil with it.

Judging by your symptoms, it's pretty obvious your rings are toasted. Or you have a hole in a piston

Dope
Old 07-21-2003, 04:33 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just thought I'd post and agree with the notion that it's your rings.

If your rings are busted, you'd get excessive crankcase pressure. This means when you pull the oil filler cap with the car running, you'd have smoke coming out. This also means you'd be pushing tons of pressure out your PCV which would take a LOT of oil with it.

Judging by your symptoms, it's pretty obvious your rings are toasted. Or you have a hole in a piston

Dope
Have to agree also - saw this happen to another car locally - same symptoms!
Old 07-26-2003, 04:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm curious about one thing. In your opinion, what would be the condition of my cylinder walls? Would I need to re-sleeve? I'm probably gonna just get a bare block, forged internals, and get everything blueprinted/balanced but I wouldn't wanna have to spend the dough on another block if mine is ok . . . maybe

Thanks for all of the input fellas