Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I get TEA's or Absolute?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 10:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Should I get TEA's or Absolute?

offaxis: your's is one of the AS cars I wanna see at the track. You damn sure have the power, now go get those friggin 10's NA

Crunch: I asked around alot when i was on the market. Only found about 3 AS cars with ET's sorta decent. But they were still new then. Im sure its gonna be but loads this fall so we all can compare these suckers. I never new ONYXSS had AS heads? I thought he had GTP or something another? Been a long friggin time since ive seen and had a chance to talk to him.

Vince: your's is proof that peak flows dont mean a whole lot if you cant match the velocity along with it. Its alotta factors they make all of these heads different.

But it has been proven on the track and dyno that these 2 companies know there stuff and can save you almost 1k off the cost compared to others out there!
Old 07-20-2003, 10:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Crunch: I never new ONYXSS had AS heads? I thought he had GTP or something another?
I'm sorry. ONYXSS had the ARE heads NOT Absolute Speed.
My bad. I retract that statement.
Old 07-20-2003, 10:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It looks like me and you will have to show 'em how its done this Fall. T.E.A. STYLE!
Old 07-21-2003, 07:18 AM
TECH Veteran

HAHAHHA.. heard that thought he had different heads, but no biggie. Still 10's none the less!

if my turd holds together for enough passes
Old 07-21-2003, 07:24 AM
FormerVendor

dude go with TEA. They are the best bang for the buck. Look at other posts. A guy with the AS heads and cam only puts down 400rwhp with a 6speed and headers. TEA's heads will put down about 440rwhp with headers and cam. CNC porting is the most accurate way to due it to ensure all cylinders flow the same. This also makes the motor run smoother and produce more power.
Old 07-21-2003, 10:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

just do a search, theres alot more absolute cars putting down 430's and 440's than tea, I did a search yesterday thats what I found. I dont know what dragon z28 is talking about but hes from ky. thats were tea is , so you know thats probably why his vote is for tea, but you can make good power with tea, I always favor smaller port volume for more torque. this is the volumes I got doing a search tea port volume=235cc absolute port volume=213cc
Old 07-21-2003, 11:31 AM
TECH Veteran

just do a search, theres alot more absolute cars putting down 430's and 440's than tea, I did a search yesterday thats what I found.
thats the same thing I saw the first of this year. I saw AS cars dynoing higher, but I never saw any good et's. Maybe those guys just never ran at the track or didnt know what the heck to do at the track

I know its 3-4 guys that just got TEA 1.5's this year and im about 90% certain those cars are gonna be in the 10.8-11.20 range for sure

I saw where someone with a AS car and 224 cam pulled 430hp(M6) and my friend with a bolt on M6 and 224 cam pulled 435hp with TEA 1.5's. Both of these heads are tick for tat

but dont listen to us, call TEA and Absolute and just talk to them and make your mind up. They will tell you what works with what cam and etc. Most will even port the heads to match the cam
Old 07-21-2003, 05:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

doesnt everyone seem to have a friend that has a nicer car that makes more power and has a bigger di@k, Im just going by what I see here doing a search, maybe its just me but I always thought if you make more hp and torque your car will go faster,maybe Im wrong a car that makes 400 hp will go faster than a car that makes 450 hp, a 120 hp honda must be the fastest thing in the world, but any way I agree with the crazy farmer give the sponsors a call and see how you feel, besides the crazy farmer is 90% sure the 3 friends he has with bigger di@ks and tea heads will be in the 10.80-11.20 range for sure, even though his car only went 11.50 @117
Old 07-21-2003, 05:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

besides the crazy farmer is 90% sure the 3 friends he has with bigger <a href="mailto:di@ks[/Email] and tea heads will be in the 10.80-11.20 range for sure, even though his car only went 11.50 @117
Thats Mr Crazy farmer to you He ran 11.50 @ 117 with A CAM ONLY, BEFORE HEADS, read the post and sig completely. What does your car produce? What does your car run? You keep hailing AS heads, do you have 'em? Do you speak from experience? If you know anything about cars and racing you'd know that sometimes a 400HP car can beat a 450HP car, it is all in how the power is put down. How do you think a 120hp Honda runs 12s? Because they only weigh ~1500-1800lbs, and they put all 120hp to the ground .
Old 07-21-2003, 05:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

doesnt everyone seem to have a friend that has a nicer car that makes more power and has a bigger <a href="mailto:di@k">di@k</a>, Im just going by what I see here doing a search, maybe its just me but I always thought if you make more hp and torque your car will go faster,maybe Im wrong a car that makes 400 hp will go faster than a car that makes 450 hp, a 120 hp honda must be the fastest thing in the world, but any way I agree with the crazy farmer give the sponsors a call and see how you feel, besides the crazy farmer is 90% sure the 3 friends he has with bigger <a href="mailto:di@ks">di@k">di@k</a>, Im just going by what I see here doing a search, maybe its just me but I always thought if you make more hp and torque your car will go faster,maybe Im wrong a car that makes 400 hp will go faster than a car that makes 450 hp, a 120 hp honda must be the fastest thing in the world, but any way I agree with the crazy farmer give the sponsors a call and see how you feel, besides the crazy farmer is 90% sure the 3 friends he has with bigger <a href="mailto:di@ks</a> and tea heads will be in the 10.80-11.20 range for sure, even though his car only went 11.50 @117
a 400hp car can be faster than a 450hp car... area under the curve... you can have a real spikey that hits 450 but spends most of it's time around 350 or you can have a car that hits 400 and stays around 400... more area under the curve.

Also the 400hp car could way 3000lbs and the 450 could way 4000lbs which is why people are more concerned w/ET than horsepower...

So just because someone makes more hp and tq doesn't mean they're going to be quicker...
Old 07-21-2003, 05:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Hey ne14a6t9, I'd love to hear your input on this thread.
This thread here....

I assume that you haven't seen it, since you have been in every other "dyno" thread, you must have missed it. See, I, too, used to think that building a 400+ RWHP car was easy, until I actually tried it , when I realized that it wasn't as easy as it looked.
Old 07-21-2003, 05:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So just because someone makes more hp and tq doesn't mean they're going to be quicker...
Which is why I need to start doing some serious weight reduction, so I don't get spanked by Harold's A4 290HP 2600lb. car. :p
Old 07-21-2003, 06:18 PM
10 Second Club

[quote]
Hey ne14a6t9, I'd love to hear your input on this thread.
This thread here....

That guys has other problems. That is a proven combo that has made over 445rwhp in other cars. You have to have all the info on the car timing and all varibles should be taken into concideration. I am sure within the next couple weeks there will be new dyno #`s from that car that are much higher. Plus I always get worried when guys have there own ls1edit and do there own tunes. I was speaking to jay at absolute and he is sure there are other issues there that are easy to correct.
Old 07-21-2003, 06:36 PM
10 Second Club

The fact at we are having this discussion with both sides showing a good follwing shows how good everyone feels these heads are. I think both companies produce top of the line performance heads at a very reasonable price. There are heads for less and heads for alot more but look at all these happy people that got great bang for the buck performance. I am sure this fall when the D.A. is not + 2 - 3000 there will be plenty of low 11 to high 10 sec cars with both of these companies heads.
Old 07-21-2003, 06:44 PM
jfm
10 Second Club

My stock internal car ran 11.62 bolt ons only,with no other change except Absolute 5.7 heads and Thunder Race 224cam and a DA not near as good as the 11.62 run it made multiple 11.00 passes.Hell now a TR224 is a smallish cam now.

Jay has the port down to a science now,I will be running a set of 5.3s in my new motor but would like to just bolt them on in place of the 5.7s,it would give me at least 15 rwhp and rocket the car into the 10s.BTW,it is not that easy to run 10s,takes a complete set up.
Old 07-21-2003, 07:18 PM
TECH Junkie

I feel good about both heads at this point. During my quest for heads I have forgoten about Joe Prince. He had a post a while back about his HVLD ( or something like that ) heads and as I remember he had real good numbers. I emailed him about it and he said that the first set of these heads he worked on ran on a TR230 and hit the 450 mark. He would supply a CD with the info you need to program the PCM for the 230 and his heads, 30# injectors, ported TB, LS6 intake, and LT's using Edit. Sounds intresting.
Old 07-21-2003, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

doesnt everyone seem to have a friend that has a nicer car that makes more power and has a bigger <a href="mailto:di@k">di@k</a>, Im just going by what I see here doing a search, maybe its just me but I always thought if you make more hp and torque your car will go faster,maybe Im wrong a car that makes 400 hp will go faster than a car that makes 450 hp, a 120 hp honda must be the fastest thing in the world, but any way I agree with the crazy farmer give the sponsors a call and see how you feel, besides the crazy farmer is 90% sure the 3 friends he has with bigger <a href="mailto:di@ks">di@k">di@k</a>, Im just going by what I see here doing a search, maybe its just me but I always thought if you make more hp and torque your car will go faster,maybe Im wrong a car that makes 400 hp will go faster than a car that makes 450 hp, a 120 hp honda must be the fastest thing in the world, but any way I agree with the crazy farmer give the sponsors a call and see how you feel, besides the crazy farmer is 90% sure the 3 friends he has with bigger <a href="mailto:di@ks</a> and tea heads will be in the 10.80-11.20 range for sure, even though his car only went 11.50 @117
The car with the most power is not always the fastest. Its all in the setup of the car. Oh yea, I'm one of the crazy farmer's friends that will be in the 10.99-11.20 range this fall with TEA heads. Count on it.

Bruce
Old 07-21-2003, 09:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Spanky/Hardtop: thanks alot for the backup. Im not even gonna bother replying to his comment cause its a waste of a good tech post. I havent bashed AS once in this post. I just simply said when i did my search I saw good numbers from TEA. If I did choose AS I would still be reccomending TEA to people also cause I think these are 2 of the best heads out there. But lets see there is one car that runs 11.6's bolt on that got TEAs, Hardtop is already in the 11.2 range, 2 others whom im not commenting on got those heads and both are in Mid 11's already, and heck ive been 11.5 with just a cam so if all holds true we should all see atleast 3tenths here. Do the math on what ET's we should net I dont make comments unless i have the info to back them up.. so please

Crunch: im still trying to get below 3400 pounds Damn blessed heavy TA's

AS and TEA should have awesome numbers this fall if everything holds true

also guess some people havent heard of the power to weight ratio
Old 07-21-2003, 09:27 PM
Stu
TECH Resident

Hardtop and HD. Neither one of yous guys are gonna be in the 10s cause come fall there will be another excuse not to run :p

Especially HD. I already saw a "I hope I make it" post in the Fall shootout section.

Weiner.

BTW: I'm too slow to be fast.

Stu
Old 07-21-2003, 09:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Hardtop and HD. Neither one of yous guys are gonna be in the 10s cause come fall there will be another excuse not to run :p

Especially HD. I already saw a "I hope I make it" post in the Fall shootout section.

Weiner.
BTW: I'm too slow to be fast.
Stu
\

hey now, dont TA hate cause it only took me 4 passes to get what I wanted Bring your butt to MIR on Oct 4th pokey. I dont wanna here any knock retard excuses either... HAHAHHAHH
Man i love this stuff, this is what keeps us trying to go faster

Dale: like I said you may have to flip a quarter buddie

Offaxis: you and me share the same opinions

Ne14: missed the part where you said I only went 11.50. Like Spanky said, you might wanna re read my sig. Didnt have the heads then buddie row. Also im not bragging on numbers or anything. I just hope to see about a 3tenth drop with the TEA heads and tuning I have now And provided those other cars see the same drops there will be quite a few in the low 11's like offaxis commented on