Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Timing chains? Why the price vary?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Timing chains? Why the price vary?

Why does the JWIS single roller timing chain-only from TR cost $150 and a Double Roller timing chain WITH timing set from Scoggin Dickey cost $80? What gives? Isn't the double roller better? Some say it is overkill but cheaper overkill is a good thing right? It doesn't harm anything or slow things down does it? I even heard that JWIS makes the timing chain that goes onto the double roller scoggin sells. The only drawback is I have heard of fitment issues with the scoggin timing chain set. Which is an easier install? Any special tools required to install it? Could someone elaborate on this please? Thanks- Mike W.
Old 07-21-2003, 07:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Timing chains? Why the price vary?

the SDPC is made by Roller Master in Australia.....

I have installed two (one on my car and one on another guys) and they both fit PERFECT.....

GET IT!
Old 07-22-2003, 07:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Timing chains? Why the price vary?

My Rollmaster fits perfect and no problems once I ran a 1/4" drill through the pin hole. It was .004 too small. You do have to use supplied spacers but that's very simple.

It fits fine with my ASP pulley too. I have no idea why some say they have to grind to make it fit. The ASP pulley is just like the factory on the hub end.

No special tools required for install. Why the difference in price. Maybe greed plays a role here.