Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads and Cam?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heads and Cam?

Ok so i was orginally thinkin about supercharging my 02 firehawk but they more i thought about it i don't really want to spend 6 grand on a procharger when i can use the money to make a natural aspirated car just as nasty. My car has slp long tube headers, loudmouth exhaust, high flow cats, high flow MAF, smooth bellows, Blackwing intake, 160 degree thermostat. Pretty much the 400HP kit from SLP. I want to do a cam and heads. but i dont know wat i should use because i am going to do all of this in one shot. LS2 flywheel LS7 Clutch, Walbro Fuel Pump from racetronix, Ls6 Intake manifold,bigger injectors(not sure what size??) and i want a cam and a set of head that will work well with those changes. I also was thinking about a bigger throttle body not sure if ill need to or not. And of course a tune. Please let me know what you guys think.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:37 PM
on2
On The Tree

There are a lot of factors.

How much horsepower are you looking to make?

How much money do you want to spend?

Do you care about streetability/drivability?

Do you care about your MPG?

Until you answer those, it will be hard to suggest anything.

For injector size use this calculator...
http://www.deatschwerks.com/catalog/...alculators.php
Old 06-05-2008, 06:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heads and cam is much easier, cheaper, and live-able than SC. I went through the same thought process and ended up with H&C because my car was still a daily driver at the time. Went DD for 3 years with H&C and it did awesome. Doubt most SC guys could say the same thing.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Teching In

I dont care about price or MPG. Id still like to drive it on the streets. Its not going to be a strip car the car is like mint. horsepower. nothing real crazy like i said its not going to be a strip car. but i want the car to have power and be able to know it can rip cobras and vettes apart haha. any ideas jsut throw them out there.

Thanks guys
Old 06-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a nice head and cam package I'm now offering I'll pm you with some details. I've got together with West Cost Cylinder Heads ( WCCH) to offer their complete line of heads. We offer custom ground Comp Cams and a PAC spring and Comp magnum pushrods as a package deal and now its complete with heads from WCCH ! Richards does excellent work, his L92 pictures are floating around here somewhere, asbsolute art work!
Old 06-06-2008, 02:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id say supercharger!! or better yet, H/C/SC..
Old 06-06-2008, 09:50 PM
12 Second Club

Don't forget resale though. You're waaaay more likely to get some of your money back out of a supercharger or turbo setup than heads/cam.

Heads/cam are more liveable than a s/c???? Really depends on your setup.

It seems easier to keep a forced induction car driving "like stock" than even a small heads/cam package.

If I were to do it all over again, I would've gone with forced induction and everything else stock. I would've made more power, gotten more money back, and spent the same amount of $$.