Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!!...new motor problems...

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008 | 11:32 PM
12 Second Club

Default HELP!!!...new motor problems...

ok so i just put the engine back in my car and i started it and let in run for about 40 min, then it started acting up like it was loading up and then started blowing out some white smoke. then it died. i let it sit and then restarted and it stopped then started again after a few min. then waited a day and started it up and it didnt do it for a while then started again. im getting a computer to check the codes tom hopefully. the build on the engine is...stock 99 ls1 block with ported and polished 98 heads. cometic head gaskets with all new bearings. tr224 cam with ls6 intake and bbk tb. je pistons with total seal moly gapless 2nd rings and eagle bottom end. someone said they think its the rings seating, but i dunno. its not oil or antifreeze. kindda smells rich but it the smoke smells like any new motor ive built smells on start up. just kinda heavy i think maybe. any ideas or thoughts on what this could be...any imput would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-25-2008 | 09:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

White smoke is coolant, are you certain its not losing any?
Old 06-25-2008 | 04:37 PM
12 Second Club

i dunno it could be coolant, i tried to fill it up but it keeps getting low again but i thought it was just working its way through everything since it was completely empty. say if it was coolant what would be causing it? the only thing i could think of would be a head gasket but i dunno how that would happen....but anything is possible...
Old 06-25-2008 | 04:38 PM
12 Second Club

the only thing is it doesnt smell like coolant really any what so ever
Old 06-25-2008 | 07:30 PM
12 Second Club

ok so i did start smelling like coolant. there isnt any in the oil, but it is coming out of the exhaust. i think its the head gasket on the drivers side. gonna pressure test it tomorrow with all the plugs out and see if i cant find out whats going on. i think its in the very back cylinder on the drivers side. if any anyone has any ideas or suggestions anything would be greatly appreciated