Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

90mm Street Warrior LS Intake?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya well by delaying its release it has all of our attention
Also as far as the typhoon intake there are actually quie a few people running it here on tech that are very happy with it, as far as I have read its comparable to the LS6 intake, and looks **** on our cars.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZMONSTER!
jesus Has the LS1 community become so disgusted with the way overpriced FAST that they are willing to sit and wait for something that may or may not be a competitor?
Well I am.
Hey FAST, IF this thing performs well, IF it ever is released...you are screwed.
couldn't have said it better... i've always thought F.A.S.T. was too proud of their intake...
Old 08-18-2008, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
couldn't have said it better... i've always thought F.A.S.T. was too proud of their intake...
Honestly Im thinking of going with either a BBK or the typhoon set up, well see where the SW is next summer
Old 08-18-2008, 01:05 PM
10 Second Club

Honestly Im thinking of going with either a BBK or the typhoon set up, well see where the SW is next summer
just pony up and get the FAST. That way you wont be down power, or having to wait for who knows how long. After taking my FAST apart and reassembling it this weekend I dont feel so bad about the purchase price.

And when I think about it this way: Ive had 20 extra hp for the past few months for ~$500 after selling the LS6, and will continue to have even bigger gains on my new setup with it throughout the future, Im happy with my purchase. The FAST is a damn nice piece, and I HIGHLY doubt the SW will outperform or even match it, that is, whenever it is finally released
Old 08-18-2008, 01:28 PM
11 Second Club

Dont you have the LS6 intake in ur car? I wouldnt change it for the BBk. I had the bbk and then went to the LS6 cuz the bbk was heavier and took forever to cool down. No problems with the LS6!
Old 08-18-2008, 05:17 PM
Dex
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 02NBMWS6
just pony up and get the FAST. That way you wont be down power, or having to wait for who knows how long. After taking my FAST apart and reassembling it this weekend I dont feel so bad about the purchase price.

And when I think about it this way: Ive had 20 extra hp for the past few months for ~$500 after selling the LS6, and will continue to have even bigger gains on my new setup with it throughout the future, Im happy with my purchase. The FAST is a damn nice piece, and I HIGHLY doubt the SW will outperform or even match it, that is, whenever it is finally released
TOOL
Old 08-18-2008, 05:23 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Dex
TOOL
wtf? r u serious? That's a perfect way to describe you after that post...

you should use this time to go learn how to drive or something. maybe you can get your bolt on 02 LS1 a little further outta the 14s. seriously.. lid, catback, and ported TB and youre running 13.8?

im just saying, i dont think this intake is going to be all it's cracked up to be, and you guys may end up pissed off for waiting for it.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 02NBMWS6
wtf? r u serious? That's a perfect way to describe you after that post...

you should use this time to go learn how to drive or something. maybe you can get your bolt on 02 LS1 a little further outta the 14s. seriously.. lid, catback, and ported TB and youre running 13.8?

im just saying, i dont think this intake is going to be all it's cracked up to be, and you guys may end up pissed off for waiting for it.
Dont let that guy get to you, You made a valid point, the FAST is already a proven performer and has a long reputation. They won't lower the price as their part is already known for quality. Maybe if this new intake becomes as good as the fast they may up the price...... who knows? I guess everyone will have to wait and see and that will probably be a long time.

Last edited by Mart00SS; 08-18-2008 at 07:23 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:51 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mart00SS
Dont let that guy get to you, You made a valid point, the FAST is already a proven performer and has a long reputation. They won't lower the price as there part is already known for quality. Maybe if this new intake becomes as good as the fast they may up the price...... who knows? I guess everyone will have to wait and see and that will probably be a long time.
yea, youre right. dont get me wrong though, i;m anxious to see it out too, but i'm doubtful it will surpass the FAST. Who knows, I may be wrong
Old 08-18-2008, 07:39 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mart00SS
Dont let that guy get to you, You made a valid point, the FAST is already a proven performer and has a long reputation. They won't lower the price as their part is already known for quality. Maybe if this new intake becomes as good as the fast they may up the price...... who knows? I guess everyone will have to wait and see and that will probably be a long time.
Pretty much.

Also ALOT of cry babies here and there has been ALOT of post about them running their mouths.

Beleive me, if its ready the Street Warrior would be out on the market.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

To say this intake will outdo the fast if pretty far fetched. There's a lot of time and effort into the fast by people who know a lot about intake air flow, runner length, etc.

It might be close, who knows. If it is and it's cheaper, some will buy it. However, the people who want the absolute most out of their setup are still going to go with the fast. This is just how it is. It could also end up being a big flop, like the BBK.

Time will tell
Old 08-18-2008, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

It may be better or worse. Nobody knows. No sense speculating at this point. Hopefully it flows a bit better than the LS6 for much less than the fast. I can't see spending almost as much on an intake and tb as I did for my ready to bolt on heads for my setup on a 346. If I were running more cubes or a max effort cam it would be almost mandatory, but for the stock bottom end or displacement and a power under the curve cam, I think the fast setup is not worth the price compared to the LS6 because the gains will be marginal at best. People should take into consideration their setups when comparing intakes. Just because one guy gained 20 hp across the board with his setup with the fast doesn't mean that everyone will. But even if I could I wouldn't be willing to drop another grand for it.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

To be honest i think its gonna do exactly what they said it would do, beat the fast until 6200. but i bet below 6200 it wont beat the fast by much. but the way everyone is acting about it, is if it is cheaper say about 600 or less like everbody wants and does almost as good as the fast then everybody will start buying it. I can see the fast going down in price around 6 months to a year from when the sw comes out, "but dont hold ur breath"
Old 08-19-2008, 12:26 AM
Teching In

heat soaked intakes for the loss!
Old 08-19-2008, 02:17 AM
12 Second Club

well whats the deal with edelbrock? arent they coming out with a new manifold to?

but screw it ill build my own intake manifold out of PVC pipe and a sock as my filter.... 70 extra wheel horse power PROVEN

yeah no
Old 08-19-2008, 08:48 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a feeling that the "prototype" intake that was shown around at SEMA and PRI was a one off custom hand made peice that they used to dyno testing and now they are having issues with duplicating the results after manufacturing. So what good is a custom one off peice if the production peice isn't living up to the hype.

Seems like the R&D department spoke up before the production and QC departments had a chance to test it out. Now they know the market is expecting a peice that will out perform the LS6 and FAST up to 6200 and wants it less than $600.

Something tells me that you may get one, but not both. I could see them releasing two versions, an 'as cast' peice for $600 that is on pace and slightly better than the ls6, and a second, hand ported peice for considerably more.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Come....ON, guys. Does anyone here truly believe that this intake is gonna out flow an already modified & well breathing engine? For the "Street Warrior" to provide under the curve increases on a stock, head/cam engine, then the air speed will be slower when flowing through higher flowing heads. Therefore, I would expect that the "Street Wantabee Warrior" will not provide under the curve improvement to an already well set up, high flowing engine.

Give yourselves a lot of credit. I'd bet that 90% of LS1 Tech members have learned how to move air through an engine & have applied that education to their engines. Unless ported, there aren't any of the 7 or 8 intakes currently available that flow 300 CFM even @ .600 lift. The "Street Warrior" would have to steadily flow an amount that would equal 300 CFM @ .550 lift, meaning that the under the curve flow is greater up to that point. As I said, if this is the case, then the air speed used to accomplish this result will be reduced by the area of a higher than stock flowing set-up. So, have confidence in what you have done & let the stock guys benefit from this intake.

I wanted to believe as well, but, after thinking about it have realized that my ported & port matched aluminum Weiand is as good as my engine set-up is gonna get.
Ut Oh....get ready for some heat soak banter.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

any more news on the street warrior? All this waiting is making the typhoon look more and more interesting...
Old 08-31-2008, 03:08 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

From what I have read in other forums, the Street Warrior is being delayed until October / Novermber at this point.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:26 PM
10 Second Club

speed inc. has them $599