Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 build questions, Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 build questions, Help!

Ok I have alot of questions since this will be my first gen III build so bear with me. I am looking at getting the trick flow 515hp package, it comes with genx street/strip heads and a cam with specs: 228degrees intake 230 degrees exhaust @.50 and .585/.585 lift. It also comes with rockers, pushrods, bolts, and gaskets. I was wondering if this set up will be streetable? Also I was wondering when I have the motor out if I should replace the oil pump and timing chain, thinking meling 096 oil pump and an ls2 or cloyes timing chain. Also should I replace the lifters? What kind? I see gm perf lifters are 129.99. For the intake side I have a bbk tb and was thinking of getting the bbk ssi inake to go with.for exhaust I have QTP headers that will be going into 2.5" true duals. As for the fuel system what do I need??? Lastly it is an A4 car and was wondering if I will need a converter?? Sorry to go on and on but I want to figure out everything before I start. I forgot to ask but will the bottom end be fine stock? thanks
Old 07-24-2008, 07:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

You should replace the lifters, oil pump, and timing chain. I got LS7 Lifters, a ported ls6 oil pump, and a roll master sinlge roller timing chain. I dont think a BBK ssi intake will be worth the upgrade if you have an LS6 intake. If you have an LS1 intake I would still say an LS6 would be a better upgrade plus you could get one used for $200-$300 mabe less. Im no expert on intakes and tb, I just know most people go from ls1 intake to ls6 intake to fast 90/90 or 92/92. All you should need for fuel is somthing like what I have but most likley bigger like 42lb.

Converters are a huge upgrade for an A4. A converter is a must whatever you do.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alright what size stall should the torque converter be? and has anybody run the tfs kit before??? does the cam seem good? any other comments would be great.