Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

plz help....weird problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 04:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plz help....weird problem

Well....I went to do a burnout to say goodbye to some old tires.....but instead i said hello to new problems....

After burning the crap out of some old tires I stopped somewhere on the way back to check to see if i could do another.....well when i pulled into a parking space and came to a stop while it was still in drive it clunked and shut off.

I started it back up and threw it in drive and it instantly died

I repeated that 3 times.....

Thinkin I might have locked up my rear end I put it in reverse....

It hopped a couple inches and instantly died.....after that I tried going in drive again and gave it even more gas this time....it went....but soon as i came to a stop it would instantly die....

I was thinin its rear end problems but on the road on the way back it would surge even at a 45 mile an hour coast.....it wouldnt die but just surge.....if i came to a stop i had to hold the gas a little to keep it running....

I went to autozone and its not throwing any codes......

Anyone got a clue???
Old 08-03-2008, 06:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you over rev it? How are the fluid levels? How does the tranny fluid smell, normal or burnt?
Old 08-03-2008, 09:21 PM
12 Second Club

Well......i just started driving the car around for a while to try and figure it out....

It finally popped up with a service engine soon light right after autozone closed lol....figures....

It feels more like tuning issues to me now....but that makes no sense cuz i have a great tune by RPM (ryans performance motors) from raleigh.....

I did however notice that it hadnt been as bad....
I checked the tranny fluid, and its low....not real low but in the warm range....

I dont know....I just changed the fuel filter.....got any other ideas?
Old 08-03-2008, 09:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
Did you over rev it? How are the fluid levels? How does the tranny fluid smell, normal or burnt?

Well actually now u say that....I checked the tranny fluid about an hour ago.....it was kinda low....in the warm range.....and it did smell kinda burnt

lol....i know this aint gonna be good what ur bout to tell me
Old 08-04-2008, 06:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it smells burnt, then you know what your problem is. 4L60E's do not like to be low on fluid. When they are low on fluid they tend to burn up. I don't know how they work, I just know that's what happens. If the fluid is burnt then it's only a matter of time before it kicks the bucket. If this is your problem, the funny thing is I have a 4L60E that I'm selling Where are you located?
Old 08-04-2008, 11:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The code will tell you but I did something similiar and it was the MAF taking a dump. Haha Ryan tuned my car too
Old 08-05-2008, 12:43 AM
12 Second Club

hehehe....well It finally popped two codes.....one was a tranny controller problem......but autozone couldnt figure out wtf it was by their computers......

the other code was an O2 sensor.....lol figures huh?

I hope thats all it was...the tranny fluid was just a little low....about 3/4 quart low