Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAJOR Issues With TFS/TEA and LME!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 03:06 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking MAJOR Issues With TFS/TEA and LME!!!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Made you look..

Actually its the exact opposite.

I'll tell you what. I ended up having some issues with my setup. I must admit, I was quite pissed off, and probably was a little harsher than I should have been in my initial email (Being a customer, not a vendor).

As we all know, no matter WHO you are as a company, every once in a while **** happens, and things break or get overlooked.
What makes a company what it is, is NOT only the product they sell but the product they back if there is an issue... AKA: Service after the sale.

I have to say, that in my career as a business man, I have NEVER gotten the response that I have gotten from Brian Tooley at TEA, and Brian at LME..

Originally Posted by My Email to LME/TEA

"My mother **** piece of ***, I got *** *** *** *** You need to *** Fix ***..." This went on for about 6 paragraphs.

Originally Posted by Their Response

We sincerely appologize for ANY of your inconvenience, we will take care of it 100% at no charge AND cover shipping both ways. Your project will be our top priority.
The very next day, I got a call from the freight company saying they had a pick up request.

That was it.. No, "we need to verify it was our fault." "No send it to us so we can inspect it at your expense", no pushing the blame on anyone else. No nothig!!

Just an honest to god, PERFECT customer complaint resolution. And I'm not talking about a quick cam change, I'm talking about a ground up motor/head setup..

Soooo, That being said, even though i'm still having to pull my motor myself, LME and TEA go down in my book as truely having the BEST service after the sale of ANY company I have ever worked with in my career. And as a vendor, I work with ALOT.

Bryan N, and Brian T.. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for stepping up to the plate and taking care of your customer.

This is now the MAIN reason that my company, TPE, will back LME and TEA 10000%. We want to ONLY work with the best, and in my eyes, theres no better.

Thanks again guys,

Jeff (as a customer, not a vendor)

FWIW,
For those of you who may have questions about what the deal was, it doesnt matter. I will be keeping that private. Not becquse I was asked to, but because they have respected me, and I respect them. What I will say, is that, I have seen the same thing done by MANY performance vendors, but I have NEVER once seen the resolution I got.. Usually, the customer starts posting asking about how to fix the issue himself cause the vendor left him hanging..

But just know, your money is well spent with those guys.. I will CONTINUE to exclusively use LME to build ALL of my shop and race motors, and I will ONLY use TFS heads on LS1/LS2 setups, unless the customer states otherwise.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bryan (LME) is the man, same expeance here.

Ive never talked to brian T
Old 08-06-2008, 03:39 PM
FormerVendor

Brian Tooley is with TEA..

Both GREAT guys..
Originally Posted by studderin
Bryan (LME) is the man, same expeance here.

Ive never talked to brian T
Old 08-06-2008, 07:25 PM
10 Second Club

I've talked to Brain Tooley before buying my TFS 215cnc heads and I must say that the guy really has his **** together!! Glad to hear everything went well for you. I know for a fact that Brain Tooley will go over the edge to please a customer..
Old 08-06-2008, 09:55 PM
FormerVendor

Yes, he will...

But i'm also no short of amazed how LME handled the situation. I know how hard it is as a vendor to step up and handle a situation. Cause all you see is dollar bills flying out of your pocket. Thats why I decided to make this thread. Just so everyone could see that even when its not profitable, they still manned up..

Now if I can jsut get Brian T to do a little EXTRA magic to my heads..
Originally Posted by odarabla
I've talked to Brain Tooley before buying my TFS 215cnc heads and I must say that the guy really has his **** together!! Glad to hear everything went well for you. I know for a fact that Brain Tooley will go over the edge to please a customer..
Old 08-07-2008, 11:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

When I Was Shopping Around For My 408 I Called A Couple Of The Sponsors Here And Nobody Sounded Like They Wanted To Sell Me A Motor.none Of The Sponsors Tried To Convince Me On Why I Should Buy From In Detail.i Then Contacted Brian At Lme And Was Completely Sold On His Sales/customer Service Skills.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:30 PM
10 Second Fun Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The set of heads that are on my car now had some isssues with the threads in the coolant sensor. The shop had already installed them without checking. Well needless to say they had to pull the head back off to fix it. Well TEA refunded the money it cost to take the head back off and gaskets too. I was floored, that a company would do this! Thats why any heads I will buy will be from TEA/TFS!
Old 08-08-2008, 01:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

I am running a set of TEA heads on one of my cars right now and when it comes time to step up to the TFS heads.... TEA will get a call from me. TOP NOTCH people to deal with.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

now these are the posts i like to read. lme should be wrapping up my longblock anytime now. i know theres no warranties with performance motors and what not but its good to see people stand behind their work
Old 08-16-2008, 10:13 AM
TECH Resident

I JUST got a set of heads from them and have been asking Mike easily over 100 questions (well maybe not that much but it seems like it) and he has never brushed me off. These guys will go the extra step.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

I just talked to Brian at LME yesterday. I'm getting a crank turned over there. He's a great guy. First automotive sales guy to actually CALL ME BACK!!

I ordered some heads from TEA last year without a hiccup as well. Those guys know their stuff.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:58 AM
10 Second Club

One of the main reasons I went with LME for my LS3 stroker shortblock!
Brian answered all of my questions and has always returned my calls promptly. 1200 miles since install and not even a hiccup! Motor is soild and smooth and making great power! Highly recommended!

Jimbo
Old 08-16-2008, 12:45 PM
12 Second Club

i have heard nothing but good things about TEA and LME, good to hear more positive response, ya'll keep it up!
Old 08-16-2008, 03:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've never heard a bad thing about TEA, and this just backs it up once again.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:48 PM
FormerVendor

I know, there is no warranty.. But LME backs what they do 100%..

What other builder do you know of that builds a motor, then takes it back almost 10 months later, and agrees to rebuild the entire motor at no cost, without even knowing what was wrong. For all they new, I was spraying a 400 shot for 50 passes. Now i'm not saying they would do this all the time. I'm sure there are situations where the customer honestly **** up the motor and blames it on the shop. But in my situation, we couldnt put our finger on the EXACT problem. So rather than him blowing me off, he said screw it. We'll just fix th ENTIRE thing that way we KNOW its right..

To top it off, Brian at TEA says, hey whie your at it let us go over your heads and make sure everythig is perfect. We'll even run it through the CnC and do a little extra massaging FOR FREE..

I am still blown away at how LME and TEA have handled the situation. They have NEVER once asked me if I did something wrong. They didnt even ask if I sprayed the motor..

FWIW, I have dealt with dozens of vendors and spent COUNTLESS 100's of thousands of dollars, I have NEVER been treated as good as they have treated me. For those of you who think TEA is helping me because i'm a vendor....WRONG!!!!!!!
I have NEVER spent 1 cent with them directly. This was my very very first set of TFS heads, and I bought them through a different vendor. So TEA literally had ZERO reason to help me with the exception of company pride..

Members: call your motor/head vendors and ask them if they would ever do that for you....The ONLY other company that I think would step up would be AFR..
Originally Posted by ZDOG
now these are the posts i like to read. lme should be wrapping up my longblock anytime now. i know theres no warranties with performance motors and what not but its good to see people stand behind their work
Old 08-16-2008, 06:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why don't you guys get a room...

Seriously great customer service...

Last edited by WKMCD; 08-16-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:17 PM
FormerVendor

After saving me 14 grand...... I'd even give him a bubble bath..

eeeeewwwwwwwwwww

Originally Posted by WKMCD
Why don't you guys get a room...

Seriously great ucstomer service...