Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

machine shop help kansas

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default machine shop help kansas

any one know of a good machine shop . or motor builder around the kansas city area

i pulled my 408 ci motor out of my truck cuz i though i had clapsed a lifter.. the truck was making some tapping noise and had a bit of a miss after i was showing off a bit....
got the motor out and eveything seems to be ok i think...

who can i take it to and have everything checked out and maybe put back together?
Old 08-10-2008, 09:14 PM
On The Tree

Take it to Burlington's in Raytown. See Don Burlington, good builder with alot of experience with LS1 platform.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just do it yourself, if you have it all apart and everything then there is no reason you couldnt put it back together. All you have to do is make sure that you torque everything to spec and double check everything. I assume though you didnt take the bottom end all apart. If you do think anything is amiss just post pics on here and someone would be able to help. Having said all that, if your not comfortable doing all that then by all means consult a professional. I know that MC racing up here in KC works on a lot of LSX cars.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Staging Lane

Default i m rookie . . .

there are a lot of questionable aeras in the motor .. i had a guy in california build it and i m not so shure he know what he was doing with this these newer motors... and i m not shure whats right for worng . just looking at it i think its ok .. but i dont no how to check ?

Originally Posted by D-Webz
Just do it yourself, if you have it all apart and everything then there is no reason you couldnt put it back together. All you have to do is make sure that you torque everything to spec and double check everything. I assume though you didnt take the bottom end all apart. If you do think anything is amiss just post pics on here and someone would be able to help. Having said all that, if your not comfortable doing all that then by all means consult a professional. I know that MC racing up here in KC works on a lot of LSX cars.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Staging Lane

Default thanks

thanks . you wouldent happen to have there number by chance?

Originally Posted by ceo44
Take it to Burlington's in Raytown. See Don Burlington, good builder with alot of experience with LS1 platform.

Quick Reply: machine shop help kansas