Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

squicking from top half???

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Jeff,
Give me a yell or PM me if you want some help if your doing it yourself. There is another fella that I'm stationed here with that is very knowledgable with LSX motors. He had a 00 Z28 with purple flames on the front of it that was Rex'd, before he got rid of it. I think I revved at you a couple of days ago though, lol while the black one was still running. You where driving back from Wally world (or atleast that direction) heading back into town. Nice to meet you and let me know if you want a hand, cheers
Mike
Old 08-16-2008, 06:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah man... I remember you now. I was headed back from work. 65 miles each way is a drag...LOL

Same goes with me.....if you need the help. I plan to pull my intake and valley cover to see if I can take a peak at the lifters next Saturday (23 Aug). All of this talk has got me motivated.

Sorry for the hijack....I'll take this stuff to PM.

R/

Jeff
Old 08-16-2008, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not a problem fella. Keep me in mind, there isn't much to do around here unless driving up to VA to find something to do, lol That's when i was thinking of getting started but may not wait that long. i myself am getting getting motivated but may wait unitl Monday. Like i said before I DO NOT WORK ON MY BIRTHDAY. Hopefully I can find out what's wrong that day.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:35 PM
TECH Resident

You tear into her yet?
Old 08-28-2008, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry just got back and have been doing some thinking. All the valvatrain looks fine, never pulled the heads(yet, fingers crossed). I removed the valley cover to take a look at the cam and the lifters visible. Anyway, I noticed a decent ammount of oil in the passenger head and vey little in the driverside. I did put 10W30 in it right before this happened (20 miles if that) and thinking I may have a clogged oil journal. I'm bolting everything back up and putting 0W30 in it to see if the sound gets better. If it does, SEAFOAM. Hope it's going to be this easy.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:51 PM
Restricted User

I changed my oil and the problem seemed to go away, so I thought. Started again so I bought some low mileage rockers locally and installed them. Now the engine bay is quieter than before I installed the cam!
Here's a link to the thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...450&highlight=

Last edited by socmguy; 08-29-2008 at 12:05 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:17 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DVS99TRANS
Sorry just got back and have been doing some thinking. All the valvatrain looks fine, never pulled the heads(yet, fingers crossed). I removed the valley cover to take a look at the cam and the lifters visible. Anyway, I noticed a decent ammount of oil in the passenger head and vey little in the driverside. I did put 10W30 in it right before this happened (20 miles if that) and thinking I may have a clogged oil journal. I'm bolting everything back up and putting 0W30 in it to see if the sound gets better. If it does, SEAFOAM. Hope it's going to be this easy.
All of my problems started after I useds SEAFOAM. I had a noisy lifter to I figured maybe it was gummed up for some reason. Once I put the seafoam in and ran it as directed and then changed the oil...the noise started.

R/

Frat
Old 08-29-2008, 06:21 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by socmguy
I changed my oil and the problem seemed to go away, so I thought. Started again so I bought some low mileage lifters locally and installed them. Now the engine bay is quieter than before I installed the cam!
Here's a link to the thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...450&highlight=
You mean rockers, right? (After reading your other thread). I have a set of Comp RR waiting install. I want to pull the intake and valley cover to have a look before I put them on.

R/

Frat
Old 08-29-2008, 08:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not going to use it unless the sound gets better, actually going outside right now to bolt a couple pieces back up and put some 0W in it. Have my fingers crossed.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:28 AM
TECH Resident

Let me know how it goes.

...I think I am gonna wash mine today since the sun has finally come out.

Just noticed Cooper Tire cracked the chrome on my drivers side rear tire when I had them patch a hole. Makes me want to go throw a pipe wrench through there front window.... I cant find a decent tire installer in Hampton Roads to save my life.... Even the Tire Rack recommended installers in this area are bone heads.....

R/

Frat
Old 08-29-2008, 12:05 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Fratsit
You mean rockers, right? (After reading your other thread). I have a set of Comp RR waiting install. I want to pull the intake and valley cover to have a look before I put them on.

R/

Frat
Yeah, sorry, I meant rockers. Was thinking about something else. I'll edit that post.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:57 PM
TECH Resident

^^^^^^

No worries. I am happy to here things worked out for you.

R/

Frat