Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oh Sh*t Somebody Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 08:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh Sh*t Somebody Help!!!

I was checking my EGR on the top of my intake manifold while the car was running and heard a vacumm leak. I loosened the bolt and was messing with it to get it to quiet up. I wasn't thinking and I yanked on it. The EGR gasket got sucked onto the intake and then the motor stalled because of the big vacumm leak. What do I do? Is it still in the intake? Will it get spit out the tail pipes if I start the motor? Please help!!!
Old 08-24-2008, 08:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could pull the throttle body and look in the intake with a flashlight. You may see the gasket and be able to pull it out of there. If you don't see anything it has most likely already went into a cylinder. As long as it doesn't hold a valve open causing piston to valve contact it will burn and come out the exhaust causing no damage. A friend of mine started his car with a shop rag in the EGR hole and it came out the exhaust in flaming chunks. If that happened and his car is still running fine I'm sure a little o-ring will be alright.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 5.3LJimmy
You could pull the throttle body and look in the intake with a flashlight. You may see the gasket and be able to pull it out of there. If you don't see anything it has most likely already went into a cylinder. As long as it doesn't hold a valve open causing piston to valve contact it will burn and come out the exhaust causing no damage. A friend of mine started his car with a shop rag in the EGR hole and it came out the exhaust in flaming chunks. If that happened and his car is still running fine I'm sure a little o-ring will be alright.
Thanks for the input, only it is kind of a thick little o-ring and thats what worries me. Also I just barley finished putting it back together because I changed my intake manifold gasket so I'm a little burned out on working on it. Maybe I'll start the car and see if it comes out the other end. More input would help.

Last edited by MyTA99; 08-24-2008 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 5.3LJimmy
A friend of mine started his car with a shop rag in the EGR hole and it came out the exhaust in flaming chunks.
Ahahahahhahahahaha....lmao!