Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

melted a piston#7

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 09:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default melted a piston#7

heres some pics,my 26lb injectors caused this to run lean and cycle duty was 110,rebuilding with forged pistons and rods.http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...e&conn_speed=1
Old 08-27-2008, 09:54 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, that's not too bad at all. You should be able to resleeve that no problem, maybe even bore it out and call it a day. Is the top end in good shape still? New pistons and rods and you'll have a very stout combo with what you already have. She'll be able to take a hell of a shot of n2o if you build her right!
Old 08-27-2008, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did your AFR survive - combustion chamber on #7 OK?

I have crap 243s/TR224 and my tuner told me to upgrade to FRPP 30# (really 36#) injectors at tune time. Why did you leave the stock injectors with AFR heads?
Old 08-28-2008, 12:18 AM
11 Second Club

hmm, that's odd. i tore a motor down today with the EXACT same problem...and it looked a LOT like that one...wait, it was that one

Originally Posted by massls1guy
Did your AFR survive - combustion chamber on #7 OK?

I have crap 243s/TR224 and my tuner told me to upgrade to FRPP 30# (really 36#) injectors at tune time. Why did you leave the stock injectors with AFR heads?
the head looks fine. just a little bit of splash (melted piston) stuck to it where the piece is missing. it didn't break the piston, it actually appears to have melted away. the block and everything else should be fine.

as far as the injectors. i told him so
i asked him before everything got put together if he had bigger injectors, but i think he read somewhere on the interweb that he would be ok, soooo they were to be added shortly. i didn't think the duty cycle was 110, but it was pretty freaking high.

he did end up getting svo 30's and a racetronix pump kit, but they are still in the box

oh, tom, your clutch was trashed. the flywheel is glazed and hotspotted like crazy and the disc is glazed over pretty bad too. BUT you knew that was coming.

oh yeah...your y pipe is a dirty, dirty little *****.

another wierd thing is that when i dropped his tranny, the 2 bolts that hold the slave cylinder in place were missing and it just swung down all loose on the input shaft when i went to pull it out from under the car??? it looks like they were never even put in!! there aren't any marks at all where they would have been tightened down and they sure as hell weren't in the bellhousing anywhere. it doesn't look like the trans has ever been out of the car before, and sure as hell didn't come apart like it had been apart before (my pry marks on the bellhousing were the first, and that bitch was ON THERE). i can't believe it didn't cause any issues before.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:53 AM
11 Second Club

thanks steve,what would i do whithout your knowledge and help,lol id be screwed.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:44 PM
12 Second Club

Your **** got BURNT!