Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it normal for the motor to bounce around/shake after...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 02:52 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Is it normal for the motor to bounce around/shake after...

Which brackets? Near the K-member?
Old 09-04-2003, 06:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

The C2 for some reason really causes the motor to shake...I've got a friend w/stock heads on an 01 with the C2 and it shakes like crazy....where as with my X1 on a 112 my motor just "Vibrates" you could call it. You'd think I have a lil baby cam compared to his car but I've got the bigger cam and all. Very very strange....but I would consider it quite normal w/the C2 for your motor to wiggle a bunch. Get it tuned and it'll calm down some..and just as everyone else said w/Poly mounts you will get a lot more vibration...but when you get on it all you'll do is smile.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

My car shakes with the cam, once in a while, even after the tune, seems like every 1-3 seconds it will do it. I was told it is the cam. Also, that torque strap, would it have any negatives to it? Stopping the shaking would be kick ***.
-Steve
Old 09-04-2003, 08:59 AM
TECH Resident

I have had it on for about a year with no issues. Except wearing the first one out......it wore a tear where it rubs on the k-member. I installed it the opposite direction this time.....should be fine. If not...buy another one. The biggest positive is no shaking of the engine....rock solid. FYI, make sure you pre-stretch the strap and cut all but about 3 foot off before you put the strap together. If you don't do this, you will find yourself re-tightening all the time. The alt bracket is a very stout piece....but make sure everything is torqued down.
Believe me when I say that you will have a whole new outlook on driving with one of these on....
Old 09-04-2003, 09:51 AM
TECH Resident

Believe me when I say that you will have a whole new outlook on driving with one of these on....
Really! Sounds like a nice mod (easy) mod if it really makes a difference. I already have some of those tie down straps I use for my motorcycle, but they are bright pink!

Tommy

Quick Reply: Is it normal for the motor to bounce around/shake after...