Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARE Block Talk *DELETED*

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 10:01 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ARE Block Talk

Here is the link to the block on our website, let me know if it opens ok. I will get details on core charge for you guys soon.

http://www.agostino-racing.com/detai...Aluminum+Block
Old 09-04-2003, 10:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,445 Likes on 1,003 Posts

The link worked for me.
Old 09-05-2003, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

99 blackbird T/A have you ever looked at the top 15 cars on the et data base how many of them are A.R.E power plants this in itself should tell people who the people are that know what they are doing or not. In my opinion A.R.E is the only ones with the dry sleeve problem solved. To my understanding the motor in the silver Z has been around for three years and look how that thing works 8.50s speaks for itself!!!! By the way Blackbird if you are talking about the pacecar that guy is full of s__t anyways!
Old 09-05-2003, 01:02 PM
FormerVendor

The ARE core charge for the LS1/LS6 big bore blocks are $700. The 500-1300 is a misprint. That would be either just heads to heads and block core charge. I'll send an email to my webmaster and get it straightened out! Thanks
Old 09-05-2003, 01:16 PM
FormerVendor

On a side note, we also build Donovan Aluminum Big-Block Chevy motors (600+ cubes) and other aftermarket Alum blocks as well. We have been finding major distortion on these cylinder sleeves they use. We have used our LS1 sleeve technology in all these Alum Blocks and have eliminated the cylinder wall distortion which in turn helps ring seal...
Old 09-05-2003, 01:21 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,157 Likes on 752 Posts

(No crap talk 3rd, 5th, 8th hand about the pace car guy will be tolerated that has nothing to do with us DROP IT NOW)...

I'll bite, I will say that I saw everyone and their uncle jump on the Darton wet sleeve bandwagon and I can't hardly think of anyone actually using one, so the dry sleeves have been trouble free for a year, two years?
Old 09-05-2003, 03:34 PM
FormerVendor

We have been using the SAME sleeve process for over 3 years now, so I guess 3 years PSJ..
Old 09-05-2003, 06:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,445 Likes on 1,003 Posts

99 blackbird T/A have you ever looked at the top 15 cars on the et data base how many of them are A.R.E power plants this in itself should tell people who the people are that know what they are doing or not. In my opinion A.R.E is the only ones with the dry sleeve problem solved. To my understanding the motor in the silver Z has been around for three years and look how that thing works 8.50s speaks for itself!!!! By the way Blackbird if you are talking about the pacecar that guy is full of s__t anyways!
Bad. I've looked at the list and I've also saw the 93 Pacecar before and after ARE. Out of respect for PSJ's wish not to side track the thread, PM me if you like to discuss the issues as desired.

I know ARE can do wonderful things if they want too. ARE seems to have a handle on the dry sleeve set up based on what I've read and heard.

Old 09-05-2003, 10:26 PM
FormerVendor

RobertB, can you see the website yet? You might have to update your windows in the start menu.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Hi Dave,

Maybe you can do me a favor. I've sent Barry and Wade about a dozen e-mails in the past couple months concerning my 436 stroker I bought from them. Actually ordered it from Nick before he left the company. I'm the guy with the massive oil burn problem. Other than that the motor is sweet. I've been trying to get in touch with one of them just to confirm that they will be covering any bad parts that may be inside my motor (pistons, rods, crankshaft, cam, etc.) under the 2yr/24,000 mile warranty that came with the motor. I'm assuming it'll be no problem since the motor is well within the warranty period. The motor is getting re-ringed in a couple weeks at Norris Motorsports and I want to know if he does find any parts that are bad, what should we do, send them to ARE for inspection before the new parts get sent out? Or should Mike just call and tell you what we need? I just don't know how that's to be done. Either way is fine by me. So, if you could ask Wade or Barry I'd appreciate it.
You can give me an answer here or they can e-mail me at: cidwithme@hotmail.com

I don't expect anything at all internally is wrong, the motor runs perfectly smooth and silent, so it most likely just needs the new rings. The motor R&R and all labor is covered by me, I just need new parts if there are any bad ones found.

My friend inquired through e-mail about a new 427 build and they got back to him immediately, so maybe they're just not getting my e-mails.

The motor was delivered in Oct. 2002, so the warranty goes until Oct. 2004. This was part of the deal with Nick, that I can use Norris Motorsports as a warranty repair shop for anything, Nick e-mailed me that, which I still have somewhere.

Thanks,

Lyle
Old 09-07-2003, 07:12 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Hi Dave,

Maybe you can do me a favor. I've sent Barry and Wade about a dozen e-mails in the past couple months concerning my 436 stroker I bought from them. Actually ordered it from Nick before he left the company. I'm the guy with the massive oil burn problem. Other than that the motor is sweet. I've been trying to get in touch with one of them just to confirm that they will be covering any bad parts that may be inside my motor (pistons, rods, crankshaft, cam, etc.) under the 2yr/24,000 mile warranty that came with the motor. I'm assuming it'll be no problem since the motor is well within the warranty period. The motor is getting re-ringed in a couple weeks at Norris Motorsports and I want to know if he does find any parts that are bad, what should we do, send them to ARE for inspection before the new parts get sent out? Or should Mike just call and tell you what we need? I just don't know how that's to be done. Either way is fine by me. So, if you could ask Wade or Barry I'd appreciate it.
You can give me an answer here or they can e-mail me at: cidwithme@hotmail.com

I don't expect anything at all internally is wrong, the motor runs perfectly smooth and silent, so it most likely just needs the new rings. The motor R&R and all labor is covered by me, I just need new parts if there are any bad ones found.

My friend inquired through e-mail about a new 427 build and they got back to him immediately, so maybe they're just not getting my e-mails.

The motor was delivered in Oct. 2002, so the warranty goes until Oct. 2004. This was part of the deal with Nick, that I can use Norris Motorsports as a warranty repair shop for anything, Nick e-mailed me that, which I still have somewhere.

Thanks,

Lyle
how much oil does it burn? Does it smoke all time or just at WOT?
Old 09-07-2003, 11:17 PM
TECH Veteran

how much oil does it burn? Does it smoke all time or just at WOT?
It burns about 1.5 qrts every 300 miles. When I pulled all 8 plugs they were dripping in raw wet oil. When I hit the gas, especially at night I make a swirling cloud of blue/white smoke. TB and intake are clean from any oil, nothing is leaking gasket-wise and the motor runs perfectly otherwise.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:48 AM
Resident Grump

Sled replied to Quicken's post but then he deleted it. I wonder why?
Old 09-08-2003, 08:50 AM
FormerVendor

I did????????

I was waiting to talk to the head honcho first!!
Old 09-08-2003, 08:58 AM
FormerVendor

BTW, we have emailed back to Lyle I guess he didn't get it???? I have been taking care of the situation privatly now that its been brought to my attention. Looks like the rings we're washed out in tuning possibly, needs a quick hone and rings, and she's ready to run!
Old 09-08-2003, 09:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Runs perfectly except for the massive detonation from that bad tune you had in it

Old 09-08-2003, 09:57 AM
Teching In

Sled28 Could you have ARE respond to my emails? I've sent several concerning issues with my 436 and they have not responded. Thanks
Old 09-08-2003, 11:15 AM
FormerVendor

Try sending to the c5wade address. I sent something to you inprivate
Old 09-08-2003, 11:30 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,157 Likes on 752 Posts