Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FI vs Head/ Cam/ Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 02:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FI vs Head/ Cam/ Nitrous

I am at a crossroads and am looking for experienced information. I know yall know your stuff and before I decide either way I would like to get as much information as possible. I would really like to hear reasons for choosing either FI or Head/cam/nitrous. Any particular reason you choose one over the other?? Anything yall would do different? Since my application already includes headers I was thinking if I went FI I would be looking ATI D1. Head/cam/nitrous would prob be a cartek or lgm head/cam package with a 100shot wet. What are cost versus hp numbers? Looking to spend around $5-7k. I would save and make sure I did it right (right heads/cam combo for application.Which would give me the best performance and not be a constant headache to maintain and would also be very reliable? What would I have to do to engine in an FI application to make it reliable at 8lbs of boost of so? Sorry for all the questions just trying to learn. I appreciate your responses and any input you can give me.

Surge
Old 02-10-2003, 09:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: FI vs Head/ Cam/ Nitrous

Heads & cam is most reliable and least likely to have cooling issues. I like a blower, but while there are some that are doing ok, there not many who have great success with them. H&C cars get 420+ HP and blowers aren't doing much better. S/C torque doesn't kick in untill 4000 rpm so blowers aren't providing the big torque boost.