Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car still popping

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008 | 08:08 PM
12 Second Club

Question Car still popping

Well i don't no wat the heck is wrong with my car??? Wen im driving and i try to get on it is starts back firing and just falls on its face. I took a couple plugs out looked fine, put different wires on helped for a second and did it again. Wat gets me is that i took the oil cap off, and it looked like milk and i no that could be a sign of a mad head gasket. I have to change the oil cuz it needs one but could it have a bent valve, or head gasket how can i test it to figure it out?? Thanks all imput will help.

Oh mods are-full exhuast,stall,lid and egr has been remove (never got tune can that be a problem???)
Old 09-21-2008 | 10:18 PM
Staging Lane

Check your oil. If it looks milky I would suspect a bad head gasket. If you had a bent valve you would probably hear it. Get you a coolant system tester and hook it to your coolant resevoir, pump about 16 psi into it and see if it leaks down. If it does and theres no obvious sign of coolandt on the ground you probably have a bad head gasket. Even though you checked a couple plugs you may not have checked the right ones. My advise would be to pull them all, if they look wet stick a lighter to them, if they dont burn you probably have water on that cylinder. Have someone spin the engine over with the plugs out while you hold a rag next to the spark plug hole. see if anything comes out
Old 09-22-2008 | 09:34 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks Im going to have to try that later today. Since the egr has been removed and never got tuned can that be a problem??
Old 09-22-2008 | 05:08 PM
12 Second Club

Anyone????
Old 09-23-2008 | 07:01 PM
12 Second Club

Well i think its my o2s cuz i drive my car today and i got on really bad. It was pissing me off about the popping and it ran fine. But once it warmed up it slowly start popping and getting worse WTF???