Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 Vette Waterpump Disassembly

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 10:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS2 Vette Waterpump Disassembly

Just curious what's involved in taking the "bell" off the LS2/7 water pumps. I'd like to powdercoat it and polish the body. Is it just as simple as using a wheel puller and then pressing it back on or is it a "one-time-deal" and you would damage it pressing it back on?

Many thanks!

Old 12-14-2008, 01:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kaptainkw
Just curious what's involved in taking the "bell" off the LS2/7 water pumps. I'd like to powdercoat it and polish the body. Is it just as simple as using a wheel puller and then pressing it back on or is it a "one-time-deal" and you would damage it pressing it back on?

Many thanks!

I know this is kind'a late, but I just now saw your post. Just a suggestion. Look in yellow pages for waterpump rebuilder. Most areas have one. There's one in a small town here that I've used several times. They probably would pull it for you for little or nothing and put it back on after you powercoated it. The one here has shortened pumps, and put on different impellers and all kinds of stuff for me, and no, he's not my brother in law. I'm just a walk in. Good luck, Ron