Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS7 valley cover with stack intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009 | 05:23 PM
Teching In

Default LS7 valley cover with stack intake manifold

I am building an LS7 with a Kinsler stack, stock dry sump. I need to fix the "swingset" throttle pull assembly to the valley cover. I had planned to plump the vent from the cover to the breather tank from the dry sump tank. I don't even know what the plug in the back is for. I highlighted the air line in the front with red, the plug in the back with yellow.

Kinsler makes a slick valley cover, but it lacks both of these. Can anyone tell me what problems I will run into if I go this route? Any other options?
Attached Thumbnails LS7 valley cover with stack intake manifold-valley-cover.jpg   LS7 valley cover with stack intake manifold-swingset-front.jpg  
Old 01-12-2009 | 05:42 PM
FormerVendor

The "plug" in the back is your oil pressure sensor. If you are using some other provision for monitoring oil pressure, you can mill that boss off of the cover and weld it up. Likewise, if you are running some other form of crankcase ventilation, you could do away with the vent on the valley cover. The Kinsler valley cover will not work on an LS7 because of the lack of a provision to block off the oil pressure port on the back of the block.

Shane

Quick Reply: LS7 valley cover with stack intake manifold