Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

l92 edelbrock victor intakes ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default l92 edelbrock victor intakes ??

Anyone have an update on the release of the Edelbrock victor intakes for the L92 they had displayed at sema ? I have read a couple threads and PM'd west coast racing heads as they had a couple psots about them too and no response ?
Old 01-18-2009, 10:12 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 3timeracin
Anyone have an update on the release of the Edelbrock victor intakes for the L92 they had displayed at sema ? I have read a couple threads and PM'd west coast racing heads as they had a couple psots about them too and no response ?

NADA! Have not heard anything either.

How is your build coming? Rockers? I never heard back from Yella after 2 phone calls and 3 emails. So, my machine shop called up T&D and got a set ordered. Shold be here this week sometime.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:35 PM
Launching!

How much were the T&D's thru your shop ? I just heard back from richard at WCCH and he is calling Edelbrock monday ? I have a couple customers doing big inch builds but dont want a sheet metal intake ? made 714 on that last 440ci engine I am building another with a LS7 block.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:17 AM
FormerVendor

How much were the T&D's thru your shop ? I just heard back from richard at WCCH and he is calling Edelbrock monday ? I have a couple customers doing big inch builds but dont want a sheet metal intake ? made 714 on that last 440ci engine I am building another with a LS7 block.

I am not sure to be honest. When I was up there a couple weeks ago and talking about the situation, and I told him that if I did not hear back from Yella, that we would just go T&D. He had mentioned that he talked to Comp and he said that had a shaft setup for like $1200 (his cost) and the T&D's were about the same. So, I called him up last week and said, just do it. Get the rockers and let's finish this. So, I would THINK that the rockers were/are going to be in teh $1200 or $1300 range. I will find out for sure tomorrow, as I am heading up to my machine shop to grab my front, rear, and valley covers from them. I have a dummy block here at the house, and I bought some nice aftermarket socket head bolts for teh covers and i want to make sure they are the right length. Anyways, when I head up there I wil ltalk more with him about the price. Will let ya know!
Old 01-19-2009, 05:01 PM
Staging Lane

Bump for an answer on the intake.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As of this afternoon Edelbrock says to check back at the end of this month. I'll check with them on the 30th and post up uless I hear something else before then.

Richard
Old 01-21-2009, 05:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Isnt this the one?

http://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/28457/10002/-1#
Old 01-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The GMPP is available now, if its the carb style you are after.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tennerv8
You will notice that it says "ships in 10-17 days". At the end of that time, it will still say that, probably.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

the cathedral port super victor is excellent
im sure the l92 version will be killer as well.
ive been holding out for a super vic. for l92's
i dont like the gm l92 single plane that much
Old 01-22-2009, 12:10 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have several of these intakes on order. The first production run like the cathedral style LS-XT will be a short run. As of today they're still holding to releasing these intakes by the end of the month. I only discussed the EFI version on these intakes. I don't know about the carbed version as of now. PM me if you need a carb style intake.

Richard
Old 01-22-2009, 01:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Richard@WCCH
I have several of these intakes on order. The first production run like the cathedral style LS-XT will be a short run. As of today they're still holding to releasing these intakes by the end of the month. I only discussed the EFI version on these intakes. I don't know about the carbed version as of now. PM me if you need a carb style intake.

Richard
Ya, Thats exactly what I have is a carbed setup ?
Old 01-22-2009, 02:13 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by deadhorse66
The GMPP is available now, if its the carb style you are after.

Yeah, the GMPP has been out for awhile, and in fact 3timeracin had one, and so did I. I sold mine and I believe 3timeracin did as well, and I am having a sheetmetal intake made up. But it would be nice to have the Victor series for the classes that mandate cast intakes. The GMPP intake is an OK piece for moderate power levels, but when you start leaning in the upper levels of HP, it will require too much work to justify using it.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Gen414
Yeah, the GMPP has been out for awhile, and in fact 3timeracin had one, and so did I. I sold mine and I believe 3timeracin did as well, and I am having a sheetmetal intake made up. But it would be nice to have the Victor series for the classes that mandate cast intakes. The GMPP intake is an OK piece for moderate power levels, but when you start leaning in the upper levels of HP, it will require too much work to justify using it.
Yes I sold mine too, I also had one extrude hone ported and tried that made 8more hp but for the $300 to port it I think it would be better just to run the Victor if it is in fact a better intake ?
Old 01-23-2009, 09:09 AM
FormerVendor

Off topic slightly 3time, but Yella finally got back with me, here is what Mark had to say:

Hey Derrick.

Sorry for delayed reply.

We have been making an 8.0mm mounted, adjustable shaft rocker for the L92 and will be doing another small batch very soon.

We designed these for use with the short travel hydraulic lifters and usually don’t recommend solid rollers with this size mounting bolt.

I’m sure we will in the not too distant future, make a wide body version with 7/16” mounting bolts but it’s not on the current schedule, so April is a realistic time frame.

There are a number of people using the 8.0mm ones with solid rollers and I haven’t heard of any failures to date but it’s not something we will be recommending.

It’s up to you if you want to give them a try, but in our experience with 5/16” mounting bolts (very similar size) they can start to stretch with anything over 450lb springs.

I will try and find out an ETA on the 7/16” ones and let you know next week.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:23 AM
Launching!

Ya, I contacted them and sent you the messgae when they told me they were scheduled to make them ? I actually have a set of the cranes I am trying now but even they only have a 3/8 bolt and on the motor they are on has a Hydraulic roller 258/269 with solid lifters so that does not require as much pressure much like a street solid roller 160-180 seat and 400 open. I have spun it 7500 on th dyno and even 7900 once and seems fine no float and nothing broken YET ?
Old 01-24-2009, 03:56 PM
FormerVendor

Ya, I contacted them and sent you the messgae when they told me they were scheduled to make them ? I actually have a set of the cranes I am trying now but even they only have a 3/8 bolt and on the motor they are on has a Hydraulic roller 258/269 with solid lifters so that does not require as much pressure much like a street solid roller 160-180 seat and 400 open. I have spun it 7500 on th dyno and even 7900 once and seems fine no float and nothing broken YET ?

Maybe I did not get that message from ya? Or just can't remember Either way, I DO remember you tellling me about the Cane stuff, as I was looking at taht also. Then you said about teh small mounting bolt, so I just passed it up. I am trying at all costs to not have to go back and fix something that I was crossing my fingers on at the start IF I can avoid it. When I finally get my bill from teh machine shop and see that extra $$$ on teh T&D's, it's gonna hurt. BUT, I looked at is as, I could pay that extra now and know that I have stuff that is gonna hold, OR, skimp a little now, cross my fingers that it would hold, and then pay even more when it breaks. So, I paid the extra now.

Well, hopefully it will work out for ya!
Old 01-24-2009, 04:16 PM
Launching!

I agree I prefer not to take risks on any engine but if someone does not take the risk no one know the limits. Thats why I do alot of this on these engines Im testing for other companies ? If something lets go its not a customers engine or mine.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:35 PM
FormerVendor

I agree I prefer not to take risks on any engine but if someone does not take the risk no one know the limits. Thats why I do alot of this on these engines Im testing for other companies ? If something lets go its not a customers engine or mine.

Oh, roger that for sure! Hell, I use to (back when I was alot younger, and did not mind replacing broke stuff all the time ) run stuff that everyone said would not work, JUST BECAUSE they said it wouldn't! Back in 1991 me and a friend grabbed a 351 Windsor out of a junkyard. Junked the heads and pistons. Had the crank polished and rods resized and fitted with ARP bolts. Bought some Keith Black Hypertuetic Domed Shelf pistons for $197. (YES, I remember how much those pistons were from back then ) Picked up a set of Iron Dart Sr's, Vic Jr, 1050 Dominator, and a solid roller. Now, we put the Mr. Big Shot plate on it, and we were gonna spray it, because you can't spray Hypertuetic pistons, right? Well, I am here to tell you, we ended up going 9.10's @ 147 with the 250 pills in the plate for THREE seasons. We replaced bearings every offseason because of main cap walk (2 bolt mains), and that was it. Pistons never came out of the block. we were looking for 8's with basically a stock bottom end, so we put the 350 pills in it. Kicked a rod 1000 foot out My point is, we ran the Hypers for a LONG time on dope without any problems.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Gen414
Oh, roger that for sure! Hell, I use to (back when I was alot younger, and did not mind replacing broke stuff all the time ) run stuff that everyone said would not work, JUST BECAUSE they said it wouldn't! Back in 1991 me and a friend grabbed a 351 Windsor out of a junkyard. Junked the heads and pistons. Had the crank polished and rods resized and fitted with ARP bolts. Bought some Keith Black Hypertuetic Domed Shelf pistons for $197. (YES, I remember how much those pistons were from back then ) Picked up a set of Iron Dart Sr's, Vic Jr, 1050 Dominator, and a solid roller. Now, we put the Mr. Big Shot plate on it, and we were gonna spray it, because you can't spray Hypertuetic pistons, right? Well, I am here to tell you, we ended up going 9.10's @ 147 with the 250 pills in the plate for THREE seasons. We replaced bearings every offseason because of main cap walk (2 bolt mains), and that was it. Pistons never came out of the block. we were looking for 8's with basically a stock bottom end, so we put the 350 pills in it. Kicked a rod 1000 foot out My point is, we ran the Hypers for a LONG time on dope without any problems.
I have never had a problem with juice and hyper pistons ? I have a 2002 GMC 2500 HD with a 6.0 and a 200 shot on it hidden for truck pulling and it has 121,000 on it still going the only change is alot less timing and no rev limiter. 3 seasons like that and over 20,000 miles of daily driving a year. came in 6th out of 52 diesels with a gaser

Quick Reply: l92 edelbrock victor intakes ??