Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

noob FAST questions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009 | 11:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Default noob FAST questions.

got a fast 90mm and 90mm nick williams on the way (used). just a few stupid little questions im not exactly sure what all it is coming with soooo.

can i reuse the manifold gaskets that i have in my LS6 intake?

where can i get the throttle body gasket for this 90mm setup? a P/N would be nice

what size bolts do i need to get to secure the throttle body?

where can i get the valley pan bolts at a good price?

thanks for any help you guys have to offer.
Old 04-15-2009 | 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
got a fast 90mm and 90mm nick williams on the way (used). just a few stupid little questions im not exactly sure what all it is coming with soooo.

can i reuse the manifold gaskets that i have in my LS6 intake?

where can i get the throttle body gasket for this 90mm setup? a P/N would be nice

what size bolts do i need to get to secure the throttle body?

where can i get the valley pan bolts at a good price?

thanks for any help you guys have to offer.
1)Yes you can, but you should not, the fast intake seals are about $25 and are worth every penny, I strongly suggest buying them.

2)Should be able to get it from almost any sponsor selling the FAST intakes but not sure on a PN

3) Not positive but I think they are about a 5/16", a 90mm will needs bolts and nut while a 92mm has studs in the intake already so if its a 92mm id be sure first.

4)Again not positive but I think its about a 10mmx1.75 or maybe a little smaller, just get some button head bolts from home depot or something.
Old 04-16-2009 | 07:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

thanks. i came up with more questions while laying in bed last night haha.

can i use my factory intake manifold bolts (that bolt to the heads) instead of the stainless stuff that fast sends?

ive read a few threads where people were having problems with the stainless bolts always backing out.

i replaced my manifold gaskets with felpro gaskets when i swapped over to the ls6 manifold about 6,000 miles ago so i think im just going to re-use the fel-pros since they are basically new.
Old 04-16-2009 | 09:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i dont see why you wouldnt be able to use your stock manifold bolts, just make sure you torque them correct and in order and you'll be fine

maybe someone will chime in and say im wrong but i dont see them being any differe, except for material wise being different
Old 04-16-2009 | 10:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I used my stock bolts, worked fine. And i work at an o-ring distributor so i walked out in the shop and got myself a viton o-ring for the throttle body.

Just pull out one of your valley cover bolts, go to the hardware and replace it with a button head.

You can reuse the port seals, but if they are smashed, i wouldnt bother. spend the money, or else you will want to kill yourself later on
Old 04-16-2009 | 10:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

screw it...i just ordered the stainless hardware kit from thunder. high price but it replaces every bolt with stainless. i read alot of threads about rusty bolts.

thanks for the help guys.

Quick Reply: noob FAST questions.