Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered Rumbler, what to expect?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just ordered Rumbler, what to expect?

I just ordered the TSP Rumbler. I've had my TA for a while, but I ran into some financial trouble, so I'm just now getting the chance to start dumping some money into this thing. For those of you who run the Rumbler, what should I expect? I've listened to a bunch of sound clips but obviously it's not the same hearing it on the computer, and none of my buddies have the same exhaust. Also, anyone who runs an ORY with it, was the ORY worth the extra cash?
Old 05-03-2009, 07:54 PM
12 Second Club

it sounds pretty good on idle, i'd like it to be a little louder on idle, but give it any gas and its very loud, especially when driving its loud. and its all drone. remember it doesn;t have a big muffler for the sound to expand and sound really nice and low. it just drones, and when i get on it from about 2300rpm up to 3500rpm the exhuast makes like a rattling sound, not like the pipes themselves rattling, but the exhuast sound kinda sounds funny, but once you get past that little bit it sounds really nice at WOT, infact with your foot to the floor, just imagine a quieter open header sound.

If your ever in Fredericksburg let me know and you can come listen to it.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whats the Rumbler?
Old 05-03-2009, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

it kind of sounds like a lm2
Old 05-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by twpetry
it sounds pretty good on idle, i'd like it to be a little louder on idle, but give it any gas and its very loud, especially when driving its loud. and its all drone. remember it doesn;t have a big muffler for the sound to expand and sound really nice and low. it just drones, and when i get on it from about 2300rpm up to 3500rpm the exhuast makes like a rattling sound, not like the pipes themselves rattling, but the exhuast sound kinda sounds funny, but once you get past that little bit it sounds really nice at WOT, infact with your foot to the floor, just imagine a quieter open header sound.

If your ever in Fredericksburg let me know and you can come listen to it.
Thanks man, I hope I end up likin it
Old 05-05-2009, 07:05 PM
TECH Resident

i bought it for my third gen ls1 project but havent got around to the install of it yet. hope it sounds good too. im going to be running mine with lt headers, ory, and a nice healthy cam so its gonna be noisy!
Old 05-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Staging Lane

Cant beat the price, good fit. With ORY i have rasp from about 2000-3000 rpm. But that is the Y pipes fault not the rumbler. If you dont like the sound you could change the muffler or fit two small mufflers in the tailpipe sections.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:32 AM
Teching In

Is it like the factory exhaust where the Y pipe meets at the muffler or are there two separate mufflers because if I'm not mistaken (which I very well could be) but doesn't the LM have two separate tiny mufflers?
Old 05-07-2009, 11:03 PM
Staging Lane

Rumbler has one bullet type muffler in the I-pipe (after the Y pipe and before the axle). LM has a resonator type muffler in the I-pipe. Both systems use one muffler.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:16 PM
TECH Resident

View Video on FQuick
Me kicking some *** at the strip. That's pacesetter lts, ory, and tsp through cme. Same below.

View Video on FQuick

I love mine!

Quick Reply: Just ordered Rumbler, what to expect?