Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 bolt-ons and nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 05:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS3 bolt-ons and nitrous

I'm taking delivery of my 2010 SS camaro in august, and I want to start out with some simple mods.

I'm probably gonna get the GMPP catback, and texas-speed CAI for starters. Next I'd like to do a 150 wet shot from nitrous outlet. I have a few LS3 questions first.

Does the LS3 have factory wideband o2 sensors?
What kind of timing does it run at WOT?
Does anyone know what A/F ratio it runs at WOT?
What is the redline rpm?
Does the rev limiter pull spark, or pull fuel?

I asked these questions at corvetteforum, but no one knew the answers. Everyone there just replied with the typical banter: "LS3's will take it no problem, corvettes are the best cars ever, etc... etc......"

I want to keep the car under warranty, so I'd like to setup the nitrous kit in such a way that I'll be able to remove it for dealership warranty work with no clues that the car ever had a kit on it.

I'd also like to avoid getting a PCM tune if I can, as that would surely void the warranty. Can the ol' LS3 take a 150wet shot on the stock tune, or is that a death wish?
Old 06-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Staging Lane

a stock ls3 can take a 150 wet shot without question without a tune.. just be sure to make sure its not too rich or too lean.. use the correct pills. but 150hp shot can be handled on the ls3 engine..

a guy local to me has a new vette and is running a 175hp shot on his stock 09' vette and he def is not light on the car! everytime i see him hes lighting up the tires and hes been through well 3 bottles that i know of cause i was with him to refil, and who knows how many other bottles that i wasnt with.

hope this helps....
Old 06-02-2009, 05:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 5.7LRX7
a stock ls3 can take a 150 wet shot without question without a tune.. just be sure to make sure its not too rich or too lean.. use the correct pills. but 150hp shot can be handled on the ls3 engine..

a guy local to me has a new vette and is running a 175hp shot on his stock 09' vette and he def is not light on the car! everytime i see him hes lighting up the tires and hes been through well 3 bottles that i know of cause i was with him to refil, and who knows how many other bottles that i wasnt with.

hope this helps....
I am glad to hear this news, but.... I want to know WHY the ol' LS3 can hold up to such punishment. The guys on corvetteforum said the same things you said, but I'd really like to know specifics about the tune and such.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:15 PM
Staging Lane

in that case i cant tell you exact specs as i havent done so myself.

internals are just built well and are made of quality components whats why it can hold more abuse.. if you want to go crazy on it, you still would need a full forged assembly. but for stock its built really well same as all the lsx motors have been. GM built them with the intention they will most likely get modded, least thats my assment cause they are built tough..

Quick Reply: LS3 bolt-ons and nitrous