Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, car studders

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 06:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help, car studders

When cruising at about 1500 rpms. My car bucks hard. The tune is 3 years old and used to be perfect. It is as if something is removing all the fuel for milliseconds at a time. My foot is on the throttle. The car goes ...then all fuel is lost for milliseconds then goes... then all fuel lost.. then goes. At WOT there is no problem. The o2 sensors have been changed and read well. the fuel filter is new. spark plugs new. battery cable new. battery new, connections checked. grounds checked. I thought it was an electrical problem because it seems that if I turn on my blinker after during the studder. It blinks slowly, then speeds up when everything sorts itself out. No codes are being thrown except my tps light is on( however this is recent and the problem is old). The dashboard does not go haywire as if the battery connection is gone, and the radio never skips a beat. Any suggestions.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

forget the blinking. I fixed that problem. I was getting a MAP signal. Changed the tps and MAF. Car still doing the same thing. Someone has to know something.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

After months, and hundreds of dollars at different shops, I found a vacuum leak. There was a vacuum hose that ran pass my battery to the ac/heater vac tank. The acid corroded the hose. Problem fixed. The beast is back.