Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST LSXR intake install issues on TBSS

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 12:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question FAST LSXR intake install issues on TBSS

Guys I am looking for anyone who has done or knows someone who has installed a FAST intake on a 2006 or later Trailblazer SS LS-2. I have heard that the accessory drive has to be modified but nobody seems to know what exactly has to be done. The FAST LSXR manifold is going on with LS-3 heads and a cam on the engine. Any info would be appreciated
Old 08-07-2009, 02:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The TBSSowners.com forum would be the best place to ask I think or in Performance trucks on here. (Just looked and you posted on TBSS lol...) But from what I can remember the the mouth of the intake will hit the waterpump or something like that. I don't know or think a Meziere pump will fix that but it is worth looking into pending if it sits lower than the stock pump. Best bet might be to call FAST directly and see what they say about it. Doesn't look like to many people have done it yet. There are a bunch of rumors on how people have done it but wouldn't attempt it without even seeing a pic first.
Mike
Old 08-07-2009, 07:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This may not be exact, but it should give you an idea of what you need to do. I don't know what accessories in a TBSS look like.

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/front...take-swap.html
Old 08-08-2009, 02:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^with seeing that I would find someone with a LS2 GTO/Vette and see how a car waterpump will work with the TBSS. I don't know if it will match up exactly though but think that it should be able to.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:10 PM
12 Second Club

Check with SoCalSpd apparently he has done it a few times. Hes on tbssowners also.
Look here
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-manifold.html
Old 08-13-2009, 02:30 AM
Staging Lane

yah i Pm'd him said they have done a few installs but have no information to offer......must have short memory...

Quick Reply: FAST LSXR intake install issues on TBSS