Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knock Sensors LS1

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009 | 07:32 PM
Teching In

Default Knock Sensors LS1

I have a 2002 WS6, and came up with a knock sensor SES warning. Pulled the intake, and put in 2 new ones. The front one was pretty corroded, the rear looked almost new, but I replaced it anyway.

Put it all back together, clear the code, and drive it for 150 miles with no problems at all. Then, in the rain yesterday, the SES came back on. This time came back to p0332, poor connection. So I'm thinking a crimped the wire or something putting it all back on. Take the intake back off again, and the front Knock Sensor looks corroded already. I used RTV around the cup like I found online said I should.

I will be replacing the wiring harness just in case, but is there a better way to seal up these knock sensors?

Nolan
Old 10-22-2009 | 08:36 PM
Staging Lane

ive been getting a low voltage on both sensors, replaced, used silicone, new harness. nothing. cant get it inspected. so ill be tuning out the sensors. its got a good dyno tune so im not worried.

Quick Reply: Knock Sensors LS1