Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where' the LS2 Fuel Pressure Regulator

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 08:30 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smok'nZ
been there justa little tip i wouldnt listen to someone who comes in the thread just to say that intake is junk and worse than the intake they made 10 years ago

and then posts links to where its worse but none of them are from ls1tech?? also he must have spent some time looking for those i wonder what he could find if he looked into it further? like maybe the people who run 10's na with them etc.. good luck with helpin your friend
Learn how to type and punctuate, then YOUR intelligence doesn't come into question when you type dumb **** like that. Based on your profound wisdom, the 10-bolt axle in the 4th gen F-body cars was a huge improvement over the 3rd gen, because GM wouldn't EVER do something to save money - even if it meant putting **** in these cars that was barely rated for the stock power levels. Put down the crack pipe. You can run 10's with a truck intake - anything is possible. That doesn't mean that it's not a restriction.

I spend most of my time contributing to a MOSTLY LS2 forum, aka ls2gto.com. You **** can believe what you want. I don't see any of you maknig the power that I am cam and bolt-ons only. I didn't spend any quality time looking up that info. I used the SEARCH button on the gto forum, you know, where most of us have experience with LS2's. Who cares if the links came from here or not. There is plenty more relevant information available on the interwebz. I would not waste my time trying to make a LS1/6 intake work on my stock LS2 for the minimal gains, besides the fact that the STOCK TB is a drive-by-wire 90mm. It would cost me more to piece that together than the ported FAST 92 that I am running. You guys are pathetic.

To the OP, I understand where you are coming from on this, and if you are piecing together a motor it makes sense IF you are not spending the extra money to replace a stock LS1 intake with the LS2. If you already had the LS1 intake, I personally would have put the money else-where. I provided the info as just that - helpful info.

I guess at least we (LS2 owners) know we can always come unload our stock intakes here when we yank them off, instead of just throwing them away.

Last edited by hivoltagedriver; 01-23-2010 at 08:37 AM.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:34 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

keep racing on your dyno in your heavy slow *** goat and there are several dyno tricks you could have done like inflating the tires for one do you have any track times to back up that 480? didnt think so
Old 01-23-2010, 08:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It would be nice to see more track times to back some of the big dyno numbers. Give us all of the info, race weight (thats the car as it ran down the track, car, driver, fuel etc.) ET, MPH, DA for the day, all of it. That will show the actual power, dyno horsepower looks good on paper, not always impressive where it really matters.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:49 PM
TECH Resident

There are a lot of test out there, what surprised me most was that TPIS test http://www.tpis.com/index.php?module=2_17_06 on a motor with good heads and a 234 cam, the LS2 intake was really close to a Fast 90. My friend is building a L92 bottom end exactly like mine, he has LS6 CNC ported heads (patriot).
The only difference in the motors is the LS2 intake, and we went 5 degrees less on his cam because my motor makes the peak power too high at 6400. We want the peak to be closer to 6000. We are going to use the same SD tune that my motor has, then tweak if we need to. It will be interesting to see how much power he makes because everything is really close to my motor that makes 482.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:21 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by smok'nZ
keep racing on your dyno in your heavy slow *** goat and there are several dyno tricks you could have done like inflating the tires for one do you have any track times to back up that 480? didnt think so
The car will be coming back trough OK in a couple of weeks. Bring what you got...

No dyno tricks BTW. Runs were at a reputable shop (SNL Performance - look them up.) 32psi in 275 Nitto NT555R tires, 82.8*F, 75% humidity, 28.81 in-Hg, SAE corrected, smoothing 5 on a loaded dyno. This was right before our track closed for the year, and has been daily driven since. Like I said, bring what you got, and we'll see how it runs.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:05 AM
MASS seller approved

Originally Posted by hivoltagedriver
The car will be coming back trough OK in a couple of weeks. Bring what you got...

No dyno tricks BTW. Runs were at a reputable shop (SNL Performance - look them up.) 32psi in 275 Nitto NT555R tires, 82.8*F, 75% humidity, 28.81 in-Hg, SAE corrected, smoothing 5 on a loaded dyno. This was right before our track closed for the year, and has been daily driven since. Like I said, bring what you got, and we'll see how it runs.

lmao no problem no dyno queen here i hope you bring more than your gto tho that thing with 32psi is a joke btw i hope you can row some gears i dont do 40-60-80 rolls i will run you 0-130 for a bill if you want more lmk
Old 01-24-2010, 01:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll Go Ahead And Record The Race Also... That Way Everyone On Here Will Know Your Just A Dyno *****
Old 01-24-2010, 09:55 AM
12 Second Club

Mine is in TX - the stock shortblock just let go. I'll message you before I pick it up, and we'll see what we can figure out. It was a joke on street tires, and it's just fixing to get worse.

Originally Posted by InsaneDomestics
I'll Go Ahead And Record The Race Also... That Way Everyone On Here Will Know Your Just A Dyno *****
Originally Posted by InsaneDomestics
I'm From The T-Town Area Also But You Didn't See Me... I Don't Have That Car Anymore I Sure Do Miss It. I Got Somethin Else In The Works Though So It's All Good
You don't even have a knife to bring to this gun fight right now, so I'm not sure why you're running your mouth, unless you just like nut-swinging. This car went 12.4's with just bolt-ons, and that was 100hp ago with a shitty 60'...

Last edited by hivoltagedriver; 01-24-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm Not The One Your Racing So I Don't Need To Bring Anything Except The Camera
Old 01-25-2010, 12:26 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks to everyone for the input, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Everyone has an opinion, that 's what we are here for, to hear what everyone else has to share.
We all have a pretty good understanding of good and bad of LS2 intakes now.
Peace out. Back to the garage.

Quick Reply: Where' the LS2 Fuel Pressure Regulator