Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car wont run after fast 90 install??

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 05:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default car wont run after fast 90 install??

so, put my fast 90 on today, everything went kinda smooth. had a little trouble getting the injectors back in, had alot of trouble with a vacume line(drivers side). but all in all not bad. however, when we went to start it up it just wouldnt run for very long. it will crank and run at 2500-3000 rpms for about 10-15 sec then spend another 5 dying. we have no fuel leaks at the rails or injectors, we bled the rails, but the car is parked on a slight incline so it seems like the passenger side cant get all the air out. the vacume line had to be... um... well, we made some **** up, but i cant see this being the problem, as the hole on the inside of the manifold is tiny. other than that, i got no clue as to what it could be. any help would be great guys as im in a huge bind here. just bought the wife a car a weeks ago and dont have enough money to **** away at a shop. ask me any questions you can, ill be on periodically all night till i get this figured out. thanks in advance guys.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:36 PM
On The Tree

did u install the special bolts for the valley pan? if not, you may have cracked the bottom of intake. make sure intake is seated all the way, it seems you have a vaccum leak.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:58 PM
Teching In

I agree. It is probably due to a vacuum leak. Spray some brake cleaner around the ports and any other seals that may not have seated properly. If the engine responds (revs) after spraying, then you found the source of the leak.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Valley cover could be a problem.
I had to use flat head screws, and countersink the holes in the valley cover.
Had to grind some aluminum around the valley vent tube also.

You did put new gaskets on the intake, right? Or use the old ones from the stock intake?
Old 10-16-2010, 06:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It sounds like a vacuum leak. As people have said from using the stock bolts ir one of the lines on the back of the manifold. Also check the internal seal.

Tip: Extend the small vacuum line 6-8inches. It makes getting the intake off and on MUCH easier.

Quick Reply: car wont run after fast 90 install??