Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need information of CFM air flow requirements for LS3

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 11:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need information of CFM air flow requirements for LS3

I'm trying to cobble together a fresh air/cold air intake for LS3 480 HP crate engine in my project.

It would be nice if I could just use Airaid, Halltech are any of the other aftermarket makers of Cold air intake system for 2010 Camaro. Problem is they are all to big for space I have available. To get fresh air to engine, I'm going to have to use two filters, one on each side of radiator support and the smaller they are the better.

I've run into a stone wall, asking all the major intake system suppliers what their filters flow so I can try to find smaller filter that will meet LS3 air flow needs if I use 2 of them. Standard answer is "Proprietary Info". Called GM performance for help and they said I need to go thru GM dealer. GM dealers where clueless on how they could get info out of GM.

Thought maybe someone or one of the performance shops that frequent site could tell me how much intake CFM is needed to support a modified LS3 engine so I can try and pry out CFM flow on different size and shape universal performance filters from vendors. By the way that's not easy either. They give all the size information of website but no CFM info, and when you call and ask you still have problem getting it. It doesn't appear the techs have info in easy reach...LOL

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Need information of CFM air flow requirements for LS3