Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 intake upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011 | 07:42 PM
Teching In

Default LS6 intake upgrade

I have a 98 M6 Z28 with a mti lid, flowmaster, lowered with strano and a couple other suspension mods I am planning on ordering these things, Long tubes with ory pipe, tsp rumpler cat back with powerstick in the I pipe and LS6 intake with ported TB. My question is can can I do the intake with tb swap and it run fine without a tune? I know it wont get peak HP till the dyno tune but I'm just curious if it would run ok without the tune for maybe a month?
Old 02-09-2011 | 07:48 PM
On The Tree

It will probably throw a check engine light but as long as you dont beat on it, it should be fine... btw if you need a LS6 intake w/ Ported TB i have one for sale. Im just trying to find a fast setup to replace it
Old 02-09-2011 | 08:46 PM
Teching In

Oh ok. What do u think about frost tunes? Would that be worth it temporarily or just wait for the full tune
How many miles on it and for how much?
Old 02-11-2011 | 04:12 PM
Launching!

Hi,
frost is very good and knows what most need for their vehicle....however, i would spin it up to remove codes and get (wot) readings etc. $250 and up for a pull and tune. Frost, is about $125 plus with a quick turn around. You make the call either way depending on use/needs. Always use a reputable person as a bad tune can launch your engine into an early grave. Good luck and have a blessed weekend.........captain jim

Quick Reply: LS6 intake upgrade