Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

L92 performance mods. Need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 11:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default L92 performance mods. Need help

I have a 2007 escalade and was wondering what you guys would recomend for bolt on performance parts. I understand the l92 heads are great but have been reading that they flow so much better with a cam. I know I have vvt so what would you guys recommend for a cam that will give me more power, nice lumpy idle and be smogable as I'm in Cali. How about the intake? Should I go with an ls3 intake or one of the FAST units? If I do will I need to relocate any of the front accessories? And lastly headers, do I really need long tubes? What brand is good for smog and best performance? Thanks in advance guys!
Old 04-13-2011, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Call Mast motorsports. They seem to know the most about these engines. I would think short tube headers , cat back or just a muffler ,and a small cam would help. On the other hand a good tune would help by removing all the torq. mangement and stuff like that. I know my 6.0 2500HD is a dog with the stock tune. A torque convertor would help with off the line power.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:02 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by anton28
I have a 2007 escalade and was wondering what you guys would recomend for bolt on performance parts. I understand the l92 heads are great but have been reading that they flow so much better with a cam. I know I have vvt so what would you guys recommend for a cam that will give me more power, nice lumpy idle and be smogable as I'm in Cali. How about the intake? Should I go with an ls3 intake or one of the FAST units? If I do will I need to relocate any of the front accessories? And lastly headers, do I really need long tubes? What brand is good for smog and best performance? Thanks in advance guys!
We offer a few cam options that will make around 525hp and 545hp with supporting mods. Give David or myself a call for details.

As far as intakes go the only other intake I would run on your engine is a stock LS3. The intake you have is a really good intake but most people change to the LS3 for aesthetics. The FAST intake is great on 427 cubic inch and larger engines but we do not see a gain on LS3 engines even our 416.

We recommend long tube headers with at least 1" 3/4 primaries. You can get away with a good set of shorties without sacrificing too much power.

Let us know if you need anything else!
Old 04-14-2011, 07:00 PM
Teching In

Just tried calling Chris. I will call again tomorrow. This is a must for me!
Old 04-16-2011, 12:01 PM
On The Tree

That's very respectable for a business to provide free technical direction and prevent you from buying something you don't need....

Too bad the Mast oil pan didn't work in my application. :-(

Quick Reply: L92 performance mods. Need help