Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

supercharger choice

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 04:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supercharger choice

Ok here is the deal, I recently completed a hot rod, using a L92 after upgrading it with a LS3 intake, headers and a Lunati cam, which made a little over 500 crankshaft HP. I now am planing a simular build ( its a 2200 pd street rod) but using a LS7, and plan on changing the pistons (forged and lower compression) with cam and headers. I want to supercharge it and use a manifold mounted unit, with cooler, and I have plenty of room, hood wise. I only want to make about 750HP so it should not be to challenging. The units that I am aware of are the Whipple, Magna, Kenny Bell and edelbrock. So what are the good and not so good points about these units.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:44 PM
TECH Veteran

As far as the Edelbrock and GM LS9 units. Apparently the LS9 unit is an 8 rib pulley when the Edelbrock is only a 6 rib. IIRC. They are both pretty identical otherwise.

That's all I can offer on this one.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:53 AM

No idea about hood clearance for this specific application, but it sounds like you're going to do a complete buildup...

If you need some help choosing the right compression, cams, headers ...etc Take a look at our horsepower calculator.

We also have 2 of the three head units you mentioned in our supercharger database if you wanna compare specs between them, I believe the other 2 are based on Eaton cores so technically we have all 4 in there. That way you can be sure you're also getting the best charger for your current (and future) power levels.

-Haitham
Long time reader, first time posting on here.