Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS7 crate engine question, what pipe is this?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011 | 11:28 AM
Staging Lane

Question LS7 crate engine question, what pipe is this?

Hi guys,

Just started my LS7 crate engine for the first time today and immediately got coolant liquid poring out from a small metal pipe just to the left of the intake looking from along the car, to the right if facing the engine from the front of the car.

It's a couple of inches long, small in diameter and sticks straight out from the engine along the throttle body. I always thought it had something with either vaccum or crank house ventilation to do but apparently not

Any suggestions what this pipe is and what to do with it?

Cheers,
Old 08-06-2011 | 12:03 PM
10 Second Club

I'm guessing your talking about the steam tubes that vent the heads. Is the pipe connecting the front and top of both the heads? If so, for the couple of inches that sticks out, you need to run a hose to the top of the radiator for the excess to run back into.
Old 08-06-2011 | 01:53 PM
11 Second Club

It's the steam pipe/air bleed for the heads as mentioned. I put a "T" in the heater hose and connected the steam pipe that way. You can see a pic of it in my Monte SS webshots album.
Old 08-06-2011 | 05:14 PM
Staging Lane

Excellent, then I know what to do with it, thanks a bunch

Quick Reply: LS7 crate engine question, what pipe is this?