Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3" ORY for Kooks headers

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3" ORY for Kooks headers

I've got some 1 3/4" Kooks headers on the way and I want to find a FULL 3" ORY that will work with them. I've already searched and found nothing. Stainless is a must.

Now before anyone starts with the "buy a Kooks Y and be done" or "go to an exhaust shop and have them fab one up", I'll tell you why I'm asking.

The Kooks Y pipe is a 3" inlet to a 2.5" outlet. I'm going to be running a Magnaflow cat back which is a 3" inlet.....so that option is null.

I don't want to mess with an exhaust shop. It will likely cost too much for something that I'll be satisfied with.

TSP won't guarantee that fitment will work, so I'm looking for someone with personal experience. Obviously the million dollar question is 'are the collector locations the same with the Kooks headers as the Pacesetter/Hooker/TSP headers?'
Old 12-22-2011, 03:55 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Simply put?

No.

Your best bet, as much as you hate to hear it, is to get the Kooks Y, and order a Magnaflow Y merge (also stainless, so at least they both are) and go get the merge cut off the Kooks Y and weld the Magnaflow in it's place.

All Stainless, all 3"..... win-win.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great news. I talked to my local shop here that's setup directly with Kooks. They called Kooks and apparently they will ship me an ORY that's full 3" and costs no more than their retail sizes. My shop just has to specify when they order.
I'm pumped!

So for anyone that's wanting a 3" Y for your Kooks headers, they CAN make them at request.

And I just realized that I put this in the Gen. 4 section. If a mod could move this to the Gen. 3 section, that would be great.

Last edited by Badmeat; 12-22-2011 at 08:17 AM.

Quick Reply: 3" ORY for Kooks headers